Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help please.... Hard drive issues.... Help!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help please.... Hard drive issues.... Help!!!

Randomly the other day I start getting this "boot disk error please insert system disk and press OK"

Also in my bios nothing is showing up as the main priority theres only 1 option and i forget what it says but it does not show my hard drive..

I already ordered a new HD but if theres some setting i can use or something i can do to get past this error help please. Havent had a single problem in over a year with this build.

Ep45-ds3r MOBO
    intel core 2 duo e8400 wolfdale 3.0
    CORISHAIR 520w Power supply
    CORSAIR XMS2 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800

ps: my hard-drive is still spinning i can hear it spinning.

Re: Help please.... Hard drive issues.... Help!!!

nobody wants to help ?

Comment

Sounds like the hard drive may be toast. Have you double checked the connections between the drive and board just in case they have creeped loose. You could also try a different cable just in case ... .
      Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

Did you go into advanced BIOS page, then into Hard Drive Boot Priority and check that your disk is at the top of this list?

I know you mentioned similar, but just checking because some users confuse this with the 1, 2, 3 boot order settings, which is not the same.

Yes, please do check the power and data cable connections to the drive and board to be sure they are secure. You may also want to test your drive with the manufacturer diagnostic tools, this will tell you if it is failing.

If you need a link to this tool please tell us what model/brand drive you have and we can link it for you

Comment

try doing chkdsk /r
          this will check and repair possible bad sector in your system.
          Windows XP Drivers | HP Drivers

Comment

Also see if you can use you HDD to boot in a friend/family members PC.
            Silverstone FT02S | ASRock 870 Extreme 3 | AMD Phenom II x6 1055t w/ Prolimatech Megahalems Rev. B | 8gb Corsair XMS3 1333mhz | Powercolor HD 5770 1GB | 250GB Seagate, 500GB Hitachi | Seasonic X-650 | Creative X-Fi Xtreme Audio

Comment

i think first of all u check in bios and try to check ur har drive 2nd check the data cable and power cable from the board to hard drive. 3rd if u r hearing some noise in hard drive so buy new one and make ur old hard drive as secondary slave that will help u.

Comment

Working...
              X