Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

x58a-ud3r won't recognize usb keyboards during startup and keeps loosing onboard LAN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• x58a-ud3r won't recognize usb keyboards during startup and keeps loosing onboard LAN

Hi,
    GA-X58A-UD3R Rev. 2 m/b w/FB BIOS
    i-7 930 processor
    6GB (3x2GB) Patriot Sector 7 RAM
    Sapphire Radeon HD5670 Video card
    IDE DVD-RW Drive
    MS Sidewinder X6 Keyboard
    Windows 7 Home Premium
    Corsair tx-750W Power Supply
    Thermaltake V9 Black Series Case

I seem to be having 2 problems with my setup. First, during boot sequence I am unable to get any functions out of my keyboard, but after windows loads it works fine. I have tried enableing USB Keyboard Legacy support in the BIOS but no good. Right now during boot I have to have an old ps/2 keyboard plugged in. Second, My onboard LAN will disappear, even from checking it via F-9 in the BIOS. Sometimes it will come back on its own, others I have to remove ram and battery, wait 5 minutes, and that will bring it back.

Any help would be much appreciated!!!

Re: x58a-ud3r won't recognize usb keyboards during startup and keeps loosing onboard

its probably the bios not supporting it,you will need to send in a report to gigabyte stating what model keyboard,or you could buy a cheap usb=ps2 adaptor to save keep switching keyboards,as for the lan are you using the latest drivers from gigabyte? if so once extracted look in the folder and replace it with folder of the same name found in the lan drivers below,im assuming your using win7

Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Re: x58a-ud3r won't recognize usb keyboards during startup and keeps loosing onboard

Thanks, the keyboard does work some of the times and not others. It seems like it follows the LAN falling out. As for the LAN drivers I had Gigabytes latest but I then updated them to the ones in your link. I'll give them a try!!! It does seem that the keyboard and LAN take a dive after the computer goes into hibernation?!? Could the loss of power have anything to do with it?

Thanks...

Comment

ahh you mean sleep resume? then it could still be bios or your ram not set up correctly as it saves to ram when it sleeps,you should enter dram voltage,ram speed and timings manually and use manual qpi/vtt voltage,it might help recover from sleep a little better
        Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
        Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
        Razer Lycosa Keyboard
        Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!

Comment

For your keyboard, be sure you are enabling USB Keyboard and USB Storage (Or Legacy Storage), they are two different settings.

You should probably also go ahead and update to BIOS FC1, this solves many USB Keyboard issues

Comment

Thanks for all your help, but now I'm having problems w/usb ports. I'm going to exchange it.
            But for future knowledge, where did you get the beta bios FC1?

Thanks.

Comment

Quite a lot of the time it seems to be the Micro$oft keyboards that have a compatibility problem. We have had a few recently on the UK forum.

Comment

Originally posted by miniar View Post
                Thanks for all your help, but now I'm having problems w/usb ports. I'm going to exchange it.
                But for future knowledge, where did you get the beta bios FC1?

Thanks.
                try latest beta bios first before you return mb,it might fix keyboard and usb problems

Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                Fractal Arc Midi Case

Comment

+ 1 ^^

And if the USB issues continue, please explain what they are as we may be able to help you with that. No need to return the board so quickly just yet.

Comment

Hi all,
                    Have exactly these symptoms and am dealing directly with Gigabyte. They forwarded Beta BIOS F3C which I flashed using @BIOS. Still same result so currently waiting Gigabyte to get back to me. They have offered to send a replacement board while they study mine and the keyboard. Will let you know what the result is as this problem appears to be more common than I first thought.
                    My computer BSOD while sitting idle after nearly a month of almost perfect operation then no Kb during boot and no onboard LAN with sometimes USB3 manager failure. The problem seems somewhat random but did note that Kb numlock light came on during boot and went off when Win finished loading giving Kb use back to me. Had to buy a ethernet plugin card to get back on the net so the problem didnt affect the PCI slot!!
                    Hope this helps?

Specs

X58 UD3R Mobo
                    i7 950 CPU
                    Kingston HyperX 4Gb 2X2 1600Mhz RAM
                    Gigabyte GTX465 GPU
                    Xigmatek "No rules" 850W PSU
                    Antec 900 Case

Hee Hee Actually won this board straight from Gigabyte so it is probably in their best interests to fix the problem. Would prefer not to go back to "old" X48 DS4.
                    Intel i7 950 3.06Ghz CPU
                    Gigabyte X58A UD3R Rev 2.0 Mobo
                    Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600Mhz 4Gb (2 X 2) RAM
                    Gigabyte GTX465 GPU
                    Xigmatek (No Rules) 850W PSU
                    Antec 900 Case
                    Peripherals? Screen? At the moment I am a poor man so wont tell!

Comment

Just want to add that my X58 UD3R is Rev 2 and have just downloaded Bios FC5. Just mailed Gigabyte asking if I should flash just to be sure!!
                      Intel i7 950 3.06Ghz CPU
                      Gigabyte GTX465 GPU
                      Antec 900 Case

Comment

Originally posted by LeroytheGreat View Post
                        Just want to add that my X58 UD3R is Rev 2 and have just downloaded Bios FC5. Just mailed Gigabyte asking if I should flash just to be sure!!
                        i would flash and see if it fixes anything,but PLEASE DONT USE @BIOS!!!!!!!

use q-flash much safer and reliable,
                        Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                        Fractal Arc Midi Case

Comment

Had to use @BIOS cos I have no Kb during boot. If I could get to Q flash I would use it. Still have tried BIOS FC5 (no fix) and now have tried FC6 (direct from Gigabyte) still with no result. Waiting for Gigabyte to get back to me. As a joke asked whether sending me a UD5 replacement might fix the problem.
                          Intel i7 950 3.06Ghz CPU
                          Gigabyte GTX465 GPU
                          Antec 900 Case

Comment

Will also point out I completely powered down the computer and cleared cmos so now I am stuck with logo screen as cant tab to post screen!! Hate that aspect as cant watch boot!
                            Is there another way to use Q flash?
                            Intel i7 950 3.06Ghz CPU
                            Gigabyte GTX465 GPU
                            Antec 900 Case

Comment

Hey all,
                              Gigabyte is sending replacement board. I am returning mine together with Kb so they can study the problem. Considering my jokingly asked question they didnt specify if replacement is UD3R or UD5. Who knows I might get lucky! Replacement should arrive Monday so will keep you posted.
                              Intel i7 950 3.06Ghz CPU
                              Gigabyte GTX465 GPU
                              Antec 900 Case

Comment

Working...
                              X