Firmware revision 2030

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firmware revision 2030

The Runcore SSD (model RCP-IV-L1828-MCAV) that i just bought from memoryc.com with PN 4415004826 has a revision of 2030. Is this newer than FW 1916?

I attempted to install FW 1916 by booting my MacBook Air with a disc burned with an ISO image provided by Runcore. I was able to boot into the CD and ran im2808.exe. However, when i was prompted to enter y/n to search for the drive, when i pressed "y", nothing happened. Eventually, it would quit out of the update program and display the output shown in the attached file.
    Attached Files

Re: Firmware revision 2030

Received a response from Runcore. 2030 is indeed a newer firmware version than 1916.

Comment

So what does Firmware 2030 do differently/better over the previous version?

Can this version be applied to all existing devices - though I am only interested in a Pro IV 128GB PATA SSD with Zif connector for my HP 2510p.

Is the Firmware Update package on the RunCore site going to be updated with this newer version?

Waiting for your reply.
      Thanks,
      Simon.

Comment

I have just realized that the Chinese support site for RunCore provides a hell lot more information than the English one.

If you click on this " 固件升级向导" (the second link on this page), it will download installation instruction for FW 2030. Interestingly, the document is actually in English.

According to the Change logs:
        Bug Fix: Ender user updater failure problem was fixed.
        Bug Fix: More read fail scenarios were added to firmware bad block management.
        Bug Fix: ATA Security bug fixes.

Also on the same page, if you enter the PN of your SSD, you are supposed to be able to download it. I entered the PN of my SSD (already with factory-installed FW 2030) but it does not recognize it.

FYI: I entered this PN 14026404 (from the example in the document) and it indeed displayed a .exe file to download.

Originally posted by simes_pep View Post
        So what does Firmware 2030 do differently/better over the previous version?

Can this version be applied to all existing devices - though I am only interested in a Pro IV 128GB PATA SSD with Zif connector for my HP 2510p.

Is the Firmware Update package on the RunCore site going to be updated with this newer version?

Waiting for your reply.
        Thanks,
        Simon.

Comment

great, this is very helpful. thank you!

Comment

Great post! It's very nice. Thank you so much for your post.

Comment

So does this fix Trim problems for almost all drives?

Comment

Working...
              X