How do you clean RAM?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you clean RAM?

How do you clean RAM? I have 6 GB of RAM and want to clean it. I have seen different methods such as typing FreeMem=Space(128000000) into notepad and saving it as ram_cleaner.vbs. But what does this do? Is it safe and is there any other better way of cleaning RAM?

Re: How do you clean RAM?

Turn off PC = Clean Ram

What are you trying to use it for?

Comment

Cleaning up RAM usually begs the question: "What is RAM?" RAM is an acronym for random-access memory. The key to understanding why it needs to be cleaned or cleared is the keyword "random." A hard drive allocates memory in RAM randomly, with no allocation protocols. If the hard drive cannot find enough RAM for a high-draw program or application such as a video game, it will crash or freeze. This RAM cleaning trick will remove any nonactive data that might have been stored on your RAM instead of your hard drive. You should see a marked improvement regarding processing speed.

Comment

dusty? brush off the dust with an anti-static brush

Comment

i've never heard of anyone clean their ram out before, but i have noticed slight variations in speed and bandwidth on repeated ram tests, could 'dirty' ram be the cause?
          it's an interesting concept, if anyone knows a reliable method of blanking un-allocated ram ram i'd love to test it and see if you can gain a few nanoseconds on synthetic benchmarks

Comment

Working...
          X