ASRock 775i65PE Won't Pass the Post Screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASRock 775i65PE Won't Pass the Post Screen

Hello all. I have been searching for information on how to troubleshoot this motherboard and bios. The problem that I am having is that the computer won't boot past the post screen. In the lower right corner of the screen the numbers 0078 are showing when the computer stalls. It doesn't lock up because it still responds to Ctrl + Alt + Del. So I am not sure why it is stopping. I have checked all the connections to the hardware inside the box. The hard drive is a brand new SATA drive, one of the cables was loose so i replaced it thinking maybe the hard drive is not booting, but that didn't help the situation.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you!

Re: ASRock 775i65PE Won't Pass the Post Screen

Ok so I think I found out what the code means. After doing some more standard hardware troubleshooting I narrowed it down to the SATA hard drive. It would only stall when I would hook it up. So I think that the 0078 code means the SATA hard drive diagnostics failed...or didn't finish if the code just stays there....

I will know more when I try the new hard drive and see if it follows the same routine.

Comment

Working...
    X