Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slamo's Scary Day

Hows this?

Today I was driving along the road at 60kph in a 60kph zone (I was obeying the law) and all of a sudden I saw this little girl on a bike ride onto the roads edge in front of me so I slowed down a little bit. Then I realised she hadn't seen me and rode straight in front of me, so I locked the brakes up and made it to a halt just to hit her back tire on her bike. Scary ****, but she just rode off as if nothing happened.

And worst of all, she scratched my paint and reduced the tread on my tires, I am heaps pissed off

At least you don't have her death on your mind, so cheer up and thank your lucky stars :kay:

Comment

ya not having her death on your mind and knowing you killed her would definitly have been different. But the fact that you technically saved her life? she didn't even look at you or nothing? what is the world comming to these days

Comment

she's probably telling her parents about the maniac who almost rode her over
        http://community.smoothwall.org/foru...ic.php?t=20262

Comment

very close you luck man

Comment

Glad you were able to avoid tragedy. Have to expect that everyone will do something crazy.

Comment

It's happened to most of us. I was driving down one of the quieter streets in town one day and a family was on the side of the road waiting for me to go past so they could cross. Suddenly, the little kid sees someone on the other side of the road he knows and starts bolting across... I slammed the brakes, kid doesn't even notice, and I stopped a few feet from hitting him. Family looked at me in shock, kinda like it was my fault, then told the kid off.

Comment

I had an off duty cop pull me over one day.

I was driving the nissan patrol around corners on two wheels and he didn't appreiciate it
                http://community.smoothwall.org/foru...ic.php?t=20262

Comment

How did he pull you over? if he was off duty he wouldn't have had lights or anything, would he?

Comment

maybe when car roll over he pop out

Comment

Its scary when you think about it though, one moment you would agonise over the rest of your life :cry:

Comment

I tried to lock up my breaks tonight (its been raining all day) at 60km'h. Not any lock up at all, i just stopped realy fast. vry dissapointing. :rolleyes2
                        TT Original

Comment

wait I'm getting the feeling that you were in an open field or on a raod with no cars and you wanted to spin out or something.

Comment

Its good you didn't get to hit her...i was once to a 'JIT" and there were incidents where i was told off because i wasn't paying attention...but thank god they were...:thumb:
                            - Damien

Comment

This has happened to me before too..... little brat road off like nothing ever happened.... I followed the kid home and went ot his mother..... and told her you know your child is playing on a very busy street.... I too locked up the brakes and just hit his back tire.... he did fall off... ( I was very thankful i didnt hit him and kill him) this is why i followed him home and told his mother of his doings.... that she needs to keep and eye on her kid... the little kid was only 6 years old playing near a 6 lane highway....

Comment

Working...
                              X