No announcement yet.

Help to setup Q9550 & GA EP43T-USB3 to the top!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help to setup Q9550 & GA EP43T-USB3 to the top!

After some time im back with same question and hope that finally ill get over it ^^

My setup is:
    Proc:Intel Q9550 @ 2,83GHz
    MB: GA EP43T-USB3 Rev. A3 Bios F4
    GC: ATi Radeon HD5770 128bit 1GB GDDR5
    Mem: Kingston KHX1600C8D3K2 4GB Dual-Ch.
    Power supp:Corsair TX750W
    HDD:WD 500GB Green edition
    Sys: Win7 Ultimate x64

So,you already know my setup and now to the point:
    I was trying to get CPU somewhere around 3GHz,with 400FSB,CL8 timing setted up from Kingston profile,but after like 20mins in burn(BFBC2 was great test ^^) it poped BSOD´s many times even while the Win was loading.

BSOD´s i get and had enuf time to write down were 7E,D1 and errors like:

1)Error bla blabla
    windows/system32/drivers/volsnap32.sys

2)
    windows/system32/drivers/ntkrnlpa.exe

Saw these errors first time,they´ve shown everytime ive tried to start win even i was trying to repair it automaticly with win tool.After reseting BIOS to default and leavin PC to cool down it worked fine.

Also,im not sure if its important,my chipset is a bit hot,cant even hold a finger on it(just passive without fan,gonna add some),so maybe there´s just prob with overheatin the chipset.Hope you know something helpful ;)

P.S.: BIOS forms are attached in .zip file,stable and unstable version ;)
    Attached Files

Re: Help to setup Q9550 & GA EP43T-USB3 to the top!

P43 isn't really a great overclocker.

First you need to load optimized defaults, then save/apply/reboot. Reboot back to the BIOS and set your SATA/Disk settings again, then your memory voltage and try it all again.

You are using Fail Safe now and that is part of your problems, and why your CPU isn't detected correctly too.

Once you have done that, upload another file with your settings you try again this time.

Also, do not set XMP, and do not try to set the ram at 1600 manually either as you probably wont be able to run that on a P45/P43.

Also in regards to memory, you may or may not be able to get that memory stable at all, it was made for P55/X58 with low voltage, so it may not work nice at all on this board.

If it does then great, but no matter what I doubt you can run it at 1600

Comment

Like Lsdmeasap said load optimized defaults first, make any non M.I.T changes required (disk order etc.) then set MCH Core and VTT(CPU Termination) to 1.2v manually and SMM to 3.33D (just to begin with).
      Do you mean you cannot set Fine CPU Clock Ratio 0.5 at all or just at x6? It may be available at x7 and above.
      If you can get this stable you may try running the memory at DDR-1600 though I don't recall anyone that managed it. Some been able to run DDR-1500+ but with higher FSB and 3.33 multiplier.
      The P43 chipset is limited to around 420MHz give or take.
      What options do you have for VTT and MCH Core above 1.2v?

Comment

Originally posted by Chike View Post
        Like Lsdmeasap said load optimized defaults first, make any non M.I.T changes required (disk order etc.) then set MCH Core and VTT(CPU Termination) to 1.2v manually and SMM to 3.33D (just to begin with).
        Do you mean you cannot set Fine CPU Clock Ratio 0.5 at all or just at x6? It may be available at x7 and above.
        If you can get this stable you may try running the memory at DDR-1600 though I don't recall anyone that managed it. Some been able to run DDR-1500+ but with higher FSB and 3.33 multiplier.
        The P43 chipset is limited to around 420MHz give or take.
        What options do you have for VTT and MCH Core above 1.2v?
        Well,for start i gotta say that im begginer in OC,so talk english please ^^ i can set fin CPU CR above 7x,youre right.I havent tried yet the 3.33 multi becouse i wasnt sure about the stability of my chipset becouse of the heat as i said before.But ill try it,if you give me a bit more info how-to,dont want to mess the system once again,even MB is dualbios ^^ thx alot

Comment

Just set System Memory Multiplier to 3.33D and select the 1333(667MHz) in Performance enhance if you have it, if not set the standard timings manually to 7-7-7-20.
          Wrong setting that result in multi boots should be easy to fix:
          First turn the PSU off and press the power button, wait about 10-20 seconds and power up again, the computer may do a few multi boots and will eventually load known working settings.
          If this is not enough slear the CMOS:
          Turn the PSU off (or disconnect the power), press the power button, then short the CLR_CMOS pins for a few seconds.
          Sometimes a longer short and/or removing the battery are required.
          Does the board has values between 1.2v and 1.3v for MCH Core? If it does try up to 1.26v if 1.3v is not stable.

Comment

Is there any difference between BSOD and freezing ingame?Only help than is restart... :/

Comment

Both re result if nstability, freezing is maybe more severe.
              What BSODs error numbers do you get if any?

Comment

Have you started by loading optimized defaults and rebooted yet? Please do, then we will go from there.

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
                  Have you started by loading optimized defaults and rebooted yet? Please do, then we will go from there.
                  Loaded without any prob,atm running at default+changed timing(2,83GHz,FSB 333,RAM 1333 and CL7-7-7-20) stable for 12 hours of Prime & many more of use...whats next? ^^

Edit: PC just frozen...setted everything on default except timing of RAM and voltages...MCH Core 1,28V & RAM 1,66V

Edit No2:Found log of all these critical system failures.All of them are Kernel-Power errors.Here is the log of the last one.Whats the reason of that stuff? :(

- System

- Provider

[ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
                  [ Guid] {331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}

EventID 41

Version 2

Level 1

Task 63

Opcode 0

Keywords 0x8000000000000002

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2010-11-22T00:31:00.646410800Z

EventRecordID 9766

Correlation

- Execution

[ ProcessID] 4
                  [ ThreadID] 8

Channel System

Computer Kraxna-PC

- Security

[ UserID] S-1-5-18

- EventData

BugcheckCode 0
                  BugcheckParameter1 0x0
                  BugcheckParameter2 0x0
                  BugcheckParameter3 0x0
                  BugcheckParameter4 0x0
                  SleepInProgress false
                  PowerButtonTimestamp 0
                  Last edited by Deleted; 11-21-2010, 06:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Deleted View Post
                    Loaded without any prob,atm running at default+changed timing(2,83GHz,FSB 333,RAM 1333 and CL7-7-7-20) stable for 12 hours of Prime & many more of use...whats next? ^^
                    What was Prformance Enhance, XMP, MCH Core, and DRAM Voltage for this?

Originally posted by Deleted
                    Edit: PC just frozen...setted everything on default except timing of RAM and voltages...MCH Core 1,28V & RAM 1,66V
                    MCH Core 1.2-1.24v should be enough.

Comment

What was Prformance Enhance, XMP, MCH Core, and DRAM Voltage for this?

MCH Core 1.2-1.24v should be enough.
                      Perf ench Standard,XMP Auto,MCH core 1,26-1,28V DRAM 1,66V...also had CPU at 1,34V,thought rather more than less :/

Do you know what can cause the Kernel-Power to fail?Is it system or hardware caused? Ty ^^

Comment

Try to google EventID 41

Comment

Try to google EventID 41
                          Yeah,thats just explanation of the failure,but not the reason why it happend... :/

Edit:BTW where can i find max voltages for all components?Becouse friend told me that Kernel-Power fail is caused by lower or higher lvl of voltage...so i should try it on maximum to be sure that its not the reason ... Dont have a clue whats goin on ^^

E2: Tried new setup,after some time it again frozen,so trying everything.ATM running fail-safe defaults,so thats just setup i tried....changes marked with loads of !!!,becouse rest is still default
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Deleted; 11-23-2010, 11:07 AM.

Comment

Board revision is printed on the corner near the far PCI slot I/O panel side. A3 is the chipset revision.

There is no advantage using fail-safe default when overclocking, better start with optimized defaults.

Timings for this memory are 8-8-8-24 I wouldn't try to push anything at least untill the system proved stable. I'd leave advanced timing on auto, and also try to select the appropriate EPP(XMP) profile manually.

Leaving VTT and vcore on auto may overvolt them.

Comment

Board revision is printed on the corner near the far PCI slot I/O panel side. A3 is the chipset revision.

There is no advantage using fail-safe default when overclocking, better start with optimized defaults.

Timings for this memory are 8-8-8-24 I wouldn't try to push anything at least untill the system proved stable. I'd leave advanced timing on auto, and also try to select the appropriate EPP(XMP) profile manually.

Leaving VTT and vcore on auto may overvolt them.
                              with the voltages you were right i think.Seems to be stable now,trying 6-6-6-18 timing,advanced on auto.

CPU 3GHz,multi 7,5x
                              FSB 400MHz
                              SPD 3.33D

Voltages are
                              CPU 1,3125V
                              CPU Term 1,2V
                              MCH 1,2V
                              DDR 1,7V (just for sure)

im not sure even about the timing tables,just hope that its 18,CPU-Z shows just CL7 :(

!Edit! Guys,it finally seems to be stable ! :) Dont know how to test it properly,but 2 hours of BFBC2 most of time shown,if its stable or not ^^ so,hope its gonna work forever,ill let you know after some time :)
                              Last edited by Deleted; 11-24-2010, 06:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X