Asrock 880g extreme3
    Amd X3 445
    G.SKILL(2 x 2GB)DDR3 1333 (PC3 10600)F3-10600CL9D-4GBNT
    Antec 550w truepower Trio
    Seagate 320 sata
    2nd LAN airlink 101 pci
    Bios P1.70
    Ati driver 8.791.00

PC keeps crashing and sometimes BSOD with message ati2.dvag is causing infinite loop
    So I downloaded new driver from AMD website(CCC 8.791.00) and still same issue

Its posting an AA error code on the mobo LED. In Manual it says "Uninstall POST INT1Ch Vector and INT09h vector. Deinitializes the ADM module." whatever that means

And then I hear intermittent muffled sounds through the speakers when they supposed to be silent, after I purchased I read somewhere the mobo has onboard sound issues or do I need newer drivers??

Any help is appreciated

Re: 880g extreme 3, error code AA, ATI driver BSOD, onboard sound issues

Had the same mainboard, before I replaced it with a Asrock 870 Extreme 3. I had exactly the same errors (there are 1 billion threads to ati2.dvag!).
    I wasn't able to solve the problems and decided, to built up a system without onboard graphics and sideport memory.
    I think, your mainboard is damaged.

Comment

download a ubuntu live CD and see if the problems persist when using ubuntu
      Download | Ubuntu

Comment

Ok thanks for the input, I searched all over but could not find any type of feedback wrt my issues. I'll try the ubuntu live CD and see what happens. Thanks guys

Comment

I had to uninstall the drivers then I deleted all temp files and restarted in safe mode used the Driver sweeper from Guru3d to remove any remnants of the ATI driver. I took it one step further and used Everything to locate al ati2dvag in system folders and deleted them to get rid of the BSOD and crashing issues I was Having. The Asrock rep said Iwould most likely have to reinstall windows. The newer drivers for the onboard audio have helped with the soundcard issues, they have not completely gone away but they are not as bad as b4. I still say stay away from VIA chipsets if you can.

I reinstalled the newer ATI drivers and the picture went to hell in hand basket from high picture quality(32bit) to the lowest (4bit), what is the deal with ATI drivers??? So once again I had to install
          The Asrock rep said the AA code was ok though
          Last edited by Diggiddi; 12-04-2010, 12:02 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X