Bearpaw 1200 XP Installation Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bearpaw 1200 XP Installation Problem

I have downloaded the new driver incl. panel from Musteks driver update site, abd I have followed their instructions step by step correctly.
    However, I ALWAYS finally get this dreaded error message at final install:

"The class installer has denied the request to install or update this device".

Mustek says this should not occur, BUT it does.
    Yes, I am logged in as Administrator on WinXP Pro.

I also tried the trick to temporarily change product version in registry to Winows 2000 - problem persists.

Does anyone have a helpline for me? Would appreciate a lot, before throwing my beloved old scanner against the wall :)

Some quick thoughts on your problem:
    Have you tried uninstalling the old drivers and software first?
    Are the drivers certified, beta, or what?
    Did the old drivers work ok? Can you keep using them or did you expect some new functionality from the new ones?
    If it is a usb scanner, try unplugging the scanner, loading the drivers, then hooking the scanner up again.
    If it is a scsi connection, load any scsi card updated drivers first.

Comment

step you think of I have done , of course.

a) all old bearpaw software and drivers deinstalled.
      b) also the updated 'for XP' Bearpaw 1200 drivers are NOT MS certified, but Mustek says this is no problem
      c) old drivers do NOT work on XP
      d) unplugging usb is a precondition to install update driver anyway
      e) this is NOT an SCSI

I am quite adept on installation routines. My main query here is : Is there any way to circumvent the error message

"The class installer has denied the request to install or update this device".

thank you for your input.

Comment

I in no way meant to disparage your driver installing proficency. I am glad to hear that you are adept. Sometimes, when frustrated, we all miss things. It is also difficult to asertain a person's level of expertise from a simple post.
        No, I don't know of a workaround for the error.
        Also, scanner drivers now have some significant history of not playing well with xp. I would take Mustek's acertion that there shouldn't be a problem with with uncertified drivers with a grain of salt.

Comment

Working...
        X