Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Memory QVL shows as compatibile memory sticks up to 2GB only. What about 4GB sticks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memory QVL shows as compatibile memory sticks up to 2GB only. What about 4GB sticks?

Here are my specs :
    motherboard : M3A790GXH128M
    processor : Phenom II x3 710
    memory : KVR1333D3N9K2/2G (2 sticks of 1GB) in Dual Channel

No question, I need more RAM :
    ** I would rather prefer to save 2 slots for future needs and - as a price dropped down lately - buy now 2 x 4GB sticks of Kingston 8 GB / 1333 (2x 4 GB), CL9 ( KVR1333D3N9K2/8G ).
    ** But I read about some problems with bigger (more than 2GB) sticks. Therefore I consider also more safe option : buying just 2x2GB , probably Kingston 4 GB / 1333 (2x 2 GB), CL9 ( KVR1333D3N9K2/4G ).
    ** And what about using these new 2x2GB together with the old 2x1GB (the same make and type of memory) ??
    ** Generally speaking : Is 4x2GB better configuration than 2x4GB ?

The problem is that Memory QVL for my motherboard shows as compatibile only memory sticks up to 2GB, so it can`t help me to chose...

Could you please answer my questions and advise what memory should be optimal choice in my case ?
    If you think Kingston isn`t the right choice (tight budget and no OC) - suggest another make, please.

Thank you in advance for your assistance..

Re: Memory QVL shows as compatibile memory sticks up to 2GB only. What about 4GB sti

As Asrock announced in the specs for this board you can run 4 Gb Rams at each slot.
    This one should work:
    Corsair XMS CMX8GX3M2A1333C9 RAM Module - 8 GB 2 x 4 GB - DDR3 SDRAM - CMX8GX3M2A1333C9 - Compare Prices and Buy at PriceGrabber

Comment

Working...
    X