X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P55A - UD6 & I7 860 problem

Hello all,
    I start by presenting my pc specs:
    P55A - UD6, I7 860, 4*2GB Mushkin@2000, 1SSD OCZ, 2x2TB Samsung HDD drives.
    My problem shows this way: I've change my 4 gigs kingston memories 1 week ago with Mushkin CL9 Black Frostbyte. Now I can't do anything work how it was before. Mermory (kingston) was running @2000 on XMP and my I7 @ 3.5 GHZ. With the new memory I cannot run only at 1333 and cpu speed @2.8. I tried different speed, clock, but all was in vain. Am I doing something wrong or the memories are not supported by MB?

Thanks all in advance for your help.
    Iulian.

Forgot to mention, it's watercooling system.
    Last edited by Yulian; 01-08-2011, 10:03 AM.

Re: P55A - UD6 & I7 860 problem

They will be fine I'm sure!

What model is the Mushkin kit you have?

I'll give you some settings to try, you want CPU at 3.5Ghz right?

Also, do you have any images of Easytune running your old setup so I can see the voltages, or do you know what you previously used for QPI/Vtt?

Comment

I tried with easytune and I manage to make it work @3.8, but the ddr runs @ 1333. When I try to overclock manually the ddr the computer freeze. Unfortunate I don't know the voltage previously because it was already overclocked from the store where I put the watercooling.
      Oh, I forget to mention the ddr are Mushkin 4GB DDR3 2000MHz CL9 Black Frostbyte dual channel kit - 996801
      Last edited by Yulian; 01-11-2011, 11:28 AM.

Comment

Well easytune isn't the way to go about it really.

So what speed do you want to run the CPU and memory at, then I can give you settings?

Thanks for the model, let me know the above and I can help for sure

Comment

Hello,
          Thanks a lot for your kind support. I manage to make it work via ET @3.8 and the ddr runs @2000 (I looked a little at your posts). I just raise a little the QPI/Vtt voltage to 1.40. I hope it's not too much as my computer is stable from 3 days?

BR,
          Iulian.

Comment

OK, now write down what easytune uses on the right side, then go into the BIOS and set all that manually.

Ya, QPI 1.4 is fine to use for 8GB at 2000Mhz

Comment

But it isn't already set via ET? When I reset my computer is already set to 3.8 and 2000 when I press tab at boot. If I'll reinstall my OS is possible to go back to old values?

Thanks.

Comment

ET should only be used for testing, using apply, not save. You should do all your overclocking manually in the BIOS.

Then all your settings will be in the BIOS, and OS change wouldn't matter. As for saved easytune settings that load with windows, I'm sure those would clear if you do a clean install.

Comment

Working...
                X