Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GIGABYTE GA-P67A-UD3 - Windows 7 Freezes randomly

Hello everyone,
    I just bought the new i7 2600k along with GIGABYTE GA-P67A-UD3 motherboard with G Skill 8GB DDR3 1600 ram. I was able to get Windows 7 64 bit up and running for a while. However, once in a while my computer just locks up. Sometimes when I play iTune and other times when I just move my mouse and the computer will just freeze. Someone please help me. I dont know where to start to resolve this.

Re: GIGABYTE GA-P67A-UD3 - Windows 7 Freezes randomly

What BIOS are you using, and are you overclocking at all?

And are you setting your own ram voltage?

Can you also link to your exact memory, thanks

Comment

I'm having the same problem: i7 2600k, GIGABYTE GA-P67A-UD3-B3, 16GB Corsair Memory CMX8GX3M2A1600C9, no MIT changes to the BIOS.

Comment

Does it work properly with a single memory module?

Comment

You can try update to latest version F6 BIOS from Gigabyte website, and try load optimizes default BIOS settings after flashed BIOS.
          And also check your RAM to make sure the RAM voltage is normal.

Comment

I've not (clearly) been able to reproduce the failure with 16GB installed. I am running BIOS version F2. I noticed that the Corsair memory was clocked at only 1333MHz, so I set XMP profile1, then ran Memtest98+ for 2hrs without errors and ran Prime95 for 12 hrs without errors.

However, there have been a couple of starnge incidents. During a restart, the screen froze at Windows login, but the restart continued--fans spun up, Windows startup sounds played. Meanwhile, the screen remained frozen at Windows login--no BIOS messages, no "Starting Windows" animation, etc. until the Windows login screen became functional again.

The second incident was that the BIOS displayed garbage and stopped when I attempted to enter setup during boot, then worked normally after a couple of attempts.

These incidents made me suspicious of the Radeon HD 6950 graphics board. Ran FurMark until the temp stabilized at 90C without problems, however.

I've set up a shared folder, with the idea that I'll see if it remains accessible during the next screen freeze. Should I upgrade the BIOS to F6? Anything else to try?

Comment

Originally posted by kg415 View Post
              Should I upgrade the BIOS to F6?
              There is no F6 BIOS for your board.

Comment

There are two fixes (assuming your RAM isn't defective) to freezing while idle on the desktop.

The first is to set the ram divider back to 1333 (or 1666 if you're using 2133 mhz memory). It can be tricky to get higher spec'd RAM to work at 2133 timings.

The second is to disable EIST, C3, C6 and C1E states.
                If you still crash like this, and you're running at stock speeds, 1333 mhz on the RAM, and disabled all those power saving cstates, then you have defective hardware. Could be a bad ram, cpu, mainboard...

Most of the time, bad RAM will cause BSOD or rounding errors in Prime 95 blend, so if blend always passes, then the RAM is usually good.
                Gigabyte Aorus Master

Comment

What qpi/vtt voltage are you using? Sometimes auto won't set enough or too much,c3 and eist shouldn't affect stability if you set correct voltages
                  Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
                  Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
                  Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
                  Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
                  1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
                  1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
                  Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
                  Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                  Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
                  Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
                  K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
                  L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
                  Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
                  Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
                  http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
                  Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Falkentyne View Post
                    There are two fixes (assuming your RAM isn't defective) to freezing while idle on the desktop.

The first is to set the ram divider back to 1333 (or 1666 if you're using 2133 mhz memory). It can be tricky to get higher spec'd RAM to work at 2133 timings.

The second is to disable EIST, C3, C6 and C1E states.
                    If you still crash like this, and you're running at stock speeds, 1333 mhz on the RAM, and disabled all those power saving cstates, then you have defective hardware. Could be a bad ram, cpu, mainboard...

Most of the time, bad RAM will cause BSOD or rounding errors in Prime 95 blend, so if blend always passes, then the RAM is usually good.
                    Prime95 blend ran for 12hrs without errors with RAM at 1600MHz.

Comment

Originally posted by wazza300 View Post
                      What qpi/vtt voltage are you using? Sometimes auto won't set enough or too much,c3 and eist shouldn't affect stability if you set correct voltages
                      XMP=Profile1, SPD=Auto, DDR=1.65V, VTT=1.2V

It's been almost three days since the last freeze. Windows updates have been installed since then. Radeon 6950 driver has failed once, however:

Event ID: 4104
                      Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

Comment

You could try one click more on qpi/vtt voltage,if its just you display driver failing it points to your gpu drivers,try loading defaults in ATI ccc and see if it helps,update direct x too
                        Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
                        Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
                        Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
                        Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
                        1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
                        1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
                        Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
                        Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                        Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
                        Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
                        K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
                        L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
                        Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
                        Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
                        http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
                        Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

1.2 Vtt may be too much for some CPU's on these boards, so you may want to test with 1.08-1.14 and see if that helps as well.

Comment

Hi.
                            About 1 month ago I bought some new components for my desktop PC.
                            I got 1 GIGABYTE GA-P67A-UD3, 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance in 1 kit CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9B and an Intel i5-2500.

I'm having problems of stability with my system under Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit.

I had 1 BSOD (memory_management) and several corrupted files downloaded from http, ftp etc.

I scanned my memory with memtest 4 for Windows with the result that I had a lot of errors.
                            Then I tryied at the boot with memtest86 4.00 and memtest86+ 4.20 with no errors.

I sent memory in RMA to the shop who sell the kit to me. I got a new kit, but the problem remains.

I tryied everything :

- BIOS update from F2 to F4
                            - XMP @default (1333MHz) and Profile1 (1600Mhz)
                            - VTT from 1,05V to 1,10, then and other steps
                            - DDR Voltage from 1.5V till 1.65V
                            - Disable USB Legacy (as suggested in other forums)

I don't really know how to fix it.

I used this thread because you're talking about the same motherboard and a corsair ram. I hope it's good for you... and forgive me for my bad english.

Can you please help me? :(

Comment

My system has been running reliably for over 2 months. I suspect that the initial problems I had were caused by Win7 because they did not reoccur after installing Windows updates.

Comment

Working...
                              X