Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P67A-UD7 windows freeze

Hi this is my current issue as I've posted elsewhere:

Hello, I've got my i7-2600k, UD7, 8gb 1600mhz (2x4gb sticks), 2x6950 crossfire 4-5 days ago. From my old build, I've savaged an AX850, c300 128gb, 1x1tb wd green, 1x640gb wd black.

So I put together my new build and installed W7 Enterprise x64, but soon I started noticing problems. My computer was freezing whenever I idled. It also did as I was installing programs, but now, mostly whenever I idled. So, I decided to do some diagnostics:

I booted into safe mode, the problem was gone (no freeze for 5-6 hours?).
    I ran memtest, ram was fine.
    I did a clean boot (disabled all non microsoft services and all programs), the problem persisted, so it must be the drivers.
    I reinstalled W7 Enterprise x64, left it idle with a clean install. It didn't freeze.
    Then, I followed up by installing the following drivers through the download page on GB:

Intel INF installation: 9.2.0.1016
    Intel Management Engine Interface: 7.0.0.1118
    Realtek LAN Driver: 7.032
    Marvell Console Driver (SATA3): 1.0.0.1014
    NEC USB 3.0 Driver: 2.0.30.0

I left it idle for 30 mins, it froze.
    Finally, I decided to switch to install W7 Ultimate x64, and installed only the following drivers:
    Realtek LAN Driver & Intel INF installation.
    I left it on overnight, and it froze again.

Now, I installed a fresh copy of W7 ultimate x64 and am letting it idle to for a good 6-7 hours to see if it crashes.

The following things I've done to my installations:
    Set power profile to high performance, disabled automatic screen turn-off, disabled hdd sleep after x mins, disabled allowing the LAN to wake computer.

Then if it doesn't freeze, I'm going to just try installing the LAN driver and pray to god that it doesn't freeze.

Does anyone have any other ideas? Could it be a bad motherboard? Perhaps, a bad graphics card? (I doubt it, since I've installed 11.11a and gamed for a few hours on it and nothing happened... but who knows) Or, is there anything else I'm missing?

Thank you!
    I've RMA'd the board and the issue persists. It seems as though other people also have this problem: Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD3 - Windows 7 64 bit freezing/Locking UP though different boards.

I've talked to a GB tech support and this is what he said:
    I have attached you the F7f bios to test with, please use the @bios to update and load the defaults upon completing. Do attempt to only test with one memory module installed and test the memory configure to 1066mhz.
    Right now, I'm testing that. Does anyone have any insights?

P.S. My ram is this module: G.SKILL Sniper 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBSR. It's not on UD7's list of supported memory, as listed on the product website. Could this be the cause?

Re: P67A-UD7 windows freeze

Try this:

Error message on a blue screen on a computer that is running Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2: "STOP: 0x0000000A"

Fixed my freezes/BSODs in idle.

Comment

Can you post link for F7f BIOS.
      Thanks.

Comment

try with qpi/vtt voltage at 1.25v or 1.3v you will need more with 8gb,and auto wont be as reliable as manually setting it
        Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
        Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
        Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
        Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
        1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
        1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
        Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
        Razer Lycosa Keyboard
        Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
        Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
        K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
        L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
        Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
        Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
        http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
        Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Sandy Bridge don't need that much vtt, try increasing gradually from default 1.05 not more than 1.2v.

Comment

hmmm, upgraded to f7f bios and setting ram to 1066 seems to work

p67aud7.rar here's f7f

Comment

Thanks jakakxl.Will try.
              If you can,replace your memory with G.Skill Ripjaws-X.

Comment

i have a noctua d14 -3- so i'd prefer some low clearance ram... looking at the ECO, but that's expensive.

Comment

Even in RAM slot 2/4?
                  Btw,try install your RAM in 2/4 slots.

Comment

Since it was an idle issue, did you have EIST/C1E enabled in the BIOS?

Ya, I see you mentioned High Performance windows setting, just asking in case this maybe has something to do with it too?

Also, did you try setting your own Vcore manually, higher than what Auto was setting, just to see if it was maybe an incorrect auto Vcore being applied.

Comment

Working...
                    X