Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OC Guru V1.00 or similar version needed

Hi

I'm searching for it, needed for my Gigabyte GV-R587UD-1GD VGA with F6 bios for voltage adjustment. But on official Gigabyte homepage i only find V1.22 which doesnt allow me to change it. Please help, send me link or email please!

[email protected]

Re: OC Guru V1.00 or similar version needed

It should be on your install CD, new and old versions allow voltage adjustments but it depends on what card (Or card BIOS) you are using.

1.22 is much better, and I think 1.00 would still only offer you the same options.

I'll upload 1.00 for you later when I get a sec.

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
      It should be on your install CD, new and old versions allow voltage adjustments but it depends on what card (Or card BIOS) you are using.

1.22 is much better, and I think 1.00 would still only offer you the same options.

I'll upload 1.00 for you later when I get a sec.
      I saw people adjusting voltage on this card with F6 and F7 bios. I received my card with F8 bios, but downgraded it to F6, still v.1.22 OC Guru tells me my VGA is not supported and UDV functions are disabled. Thats why i need older version of OC Guru. I managed to OC my core to 930 with Furmark 10 min stress maxed out @ 72 degree.

BTW Thanks for you help!!

Comment

Well that may be with the OC card, are you sure it was the UD card? Or possibly that was with the UD card but using OC or SOC BIOS, I know both of those BIOSes and cards allow voltage control with any version of OC Guru.

Here is version 1.00, sorry about the wait
        Gigabyte OC Guru.zip

Comment

THX!

Yes, i read a lot , but testing is coming...

Seems like it is not working. Maybe i'll try the SOC bios...

Comment

Weird thing is voltage adjustment is enabled in v1.00 and working but vddc stays the same in gpu-z.
            How can i apply oc bios on my card? @t bios wont show error?

Comment

Have you tried using MSI AfterBurner for your gpu tweaking?
              Q9650 @ 4.10GHz [9x456MHz]
              P35-DS4 [rev: 2.0] ~ Bios: F14
              4x2GB OCZ Reaper PC2-8500 1094MHz @5-5-5-15
              MSI N460GTX Hawk Talon Attack (1GB) video card <---- SLI ---->
              Seasonic SS-660XP2 80 Plus Platinum psu (660w)
              WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data)
              Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot)
              SLI @ 16/4 works when running HyperSLI
              Cooler Master 120XL Seidon push/pull AIO cpu water cooling
              Cooler Master HAF XB computer case (RC-902XB-KKN1)
              Asus VH242H 24" monitor [1920x1080]
              MSI N460GTX Hawk (1GB) video card
              Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
              win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium
              HT|Omega Claro plus+ sound card
              CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD UPS
              E6300 (R0) @ 3.504GHz [8x438MHz] ~~ P35-DS3L [rev: 1.0] ~ Bios: F9 ~~ 4x2GB Kingston HyperX T1 PC2-8500, 876MHz @4-4-4-10
              Seasonic X650 80+ gold psu (650w) ~~ Xigmatek Balder HDT 1283 cpu cooler ~~ Cooler Master CM 690 case (RC-690-KKN1-GP)
              Samsung 830 128GB SSD MZ-7PC128B/WW (boot) ~~ WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data) ~~ ZM-MFC2 fan controller
              HT|Omega Striker 7.1 sound card ~~ Asus VH242H monitor [1920x1080] ~~ Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
              win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium ~~ CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD U.P.S

Comment

Originally posted by profJim View Post
                Have you tried using MSI AfterBurner for your gpu tweaking?
                Yes of course, but its greyed out, used it with my reference HD5850, worked great with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
                  Well that may be with the OC card, are you sure it was the UD card? Or possibly that was with the UD card but using OC or SOC BIOS, I know both of those BIOSes and cards allow voltage control with any version of OC Guru.

Here is version 1.00, sorry about the wait
                  Gigabyte OC Guru.zip
                  BTW, is the UD, OC, SO cards PCB the same? Any evidence?

Comment

Have you confirmed that the gpu-z voltage reading is correct?
                    Did you check with HWMonitor, AIDA (Everest) or other software when you're stress testing your card?
                    Q9650 @ 4.10GHz [9x456MHz]
                    P35-DS4 [rev: 2.0] ~ Bios: F14
                    4x2GB OCZ Reaper PC2-8500 1094MHz @5-5-5-15
                    MSI N460GTX Hawk Talon Attack (1GB) video card <---- SLI ---->
                    Seasonic SS-660XP2 80 Plus Platinum psu (660w)
                    WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data)
                    Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot)
                    SLI @ 16/4 works when running HyperSLI
                    Cooler Master 120XL Seidon push/pull AIO cpu water cooling
                    Cooler Master HAF XB computer case (RC-902XB-KKN1)
                    Asus VH242H 24" monitor [1920x1080]
                    MSI N460GTX Hawk (1GB) video card
                    Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
                    win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium
                    HT|Omega Claro plus+ sound card
                    CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD UPS
                    E6300 (R0) @ 3.504GHz [8x438MHz] ~~ P35-DS3L [rev: 1.0] ~ Bios: F9 ~~ 4x2GB Kingston HyperX T1 PC2-8500, 876MHz @4-4-4-10
                    Seasonic X650 80+ gold psu (650w) ~~ Xigmatek Balder HDT 1283 cpu cooler ~~ Cooler Master CM 690 case (RC-690-KKN1-GP)
                    Samsung 830 128GB SSD MZ-7PC128B/WW (boot) ~~ WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data) ~~ ZM-MFC2 fan controller
                    HT|Omega Striker 7.1 sound card ~~ Asus VH242H monitor [1920x1080] ~~ Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
                    win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium ~~ CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD U.P.S

Comment

Confirmed with HWMonitor, 1.16v at load, 1.06v idle with F6 bios.

That's why i think i can adjust voltage. And if i have vddc resistor, then its not analog then, more likely its digital, then i can adjust, not?
                      Last edited by zozzhun; 02-26-2011, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Can you please check what is written to the SOC's voltage regulator?

Mine says:

uP6213AJ
                        YCF986

Comment

Seems like voltage adjust working, i just have a crap gpu.

Increased voltage with OC Guru v1.00. I can do 930 core on default volts.

I increased gpu volt to 1.3 and tried 995 core, stressed with furmark fullscreen 1680x1050 post fx, displacment mapping, after few mins gpu heated up to 93 degree with full throttle fan then crashed. That was with F8 bios. I switched to bios F6 then tried again with 960 core with little volt add. No luck, added a little more... nothing, added till got to 1.3v again, but still not stable, but my temps were 20 degree higher than default volt.

Comment

Vddc always stays the same in GPU-z, the software is unable to read these cards voltages properly. This is the same reason you can't force MSI Afterburner to work either, you need to use Gigabyte programs for voltages.

Right click/view image if small

OC Guru (New version for sure, unsure about old) shows real time GPU core voltage, and you can also use SOC Tuner for ALL voltages in real time (Google - Xtremesystems SOC Tuner)

As for cross flashing the BIOS that would be up to you to attempt, if it fails you will need a PCI or another PCIE card that works so you could flash back the proper BIOS.

I know for sure you cross-flash OC with SOC BIOS as they are the same exact PCB just a sticker over the SOC name on the PCB of the OC card, and I've flashed one myself just a week ago.

As for the UD model I am not sure what is possible in this regard. You would need to use force flag in DOS or the Force option in windows with winflash to cross-flash.

You shouldn't need 1.3 Vcore at all and that's probably why you can't push it very far, I use only 1.23-1.27v for 1Ghz core and 1.63-1.67 for 1300-1325 Memory on OC and SOC cards, sounds like you are overheating it by using too much voltage.

Try less volts and I'll bet you'll have much better luck

Comment

With higher voltage i only got 5 mhz plus on core.

Can you check the volt reg please ? I'm nearly sure i dont have the same pcb only same heatkiller :)

Comment

Working...
                              X