Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problem loading AMD RAID drivers during Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit install-A-870A-UD3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem loading AMD RAID drivers during Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit install-A-870A-UD3

My Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit installer rejects the latest AMD RAID drivers because their signature has expired. Now what?

I can build the RAID in BIOS without a problem. The Windows install starts fine. I get to the "load drivers" window and I can browse my flash drive to the 64bit driver folder. And the drivers are even seen by the installer. I click "load", but then it rejects the drivers because of some kind of signature BS.

"To continue installation, use the Load Driver option to install 32-bit and signed 64-bit drivers. Installing an unsigned 64-bit device driver is not supported and might result in an unusable Windows installation."

I already tried these...
    Gigabyte web site drivers
    AMD web site drivers
    32bit drivers
    64bit drivers
    install from boot dvd
    install on a separate drive from within windows
    manually copy driver into temp system32/drivers folder
    F8 during boot -> disable driver enforcement

the ONLY way i can successfully install Windows 7 64bit on a RAID with this board is on the 2 "GRAID" ports and the GRAID drivers. The southbridge AMD RAID drivers fail to load every time.

failed driver= ahcix64s.msi
    Last edited by phosphene; 04-01-2011, 09:20 AM.
    Completely unstable computer, even when underclocked
    Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3 rev 2.2, BIOS F5a <-- avoid this mobo like the plague
    AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition Thuban 3.2GHz @3.2GHz
    CORSAIR DOMINATOR GT 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3 1866Mhz @1333Mhz
    Gigabyte Radeon HD 5770 1GB
    2 x 1TB SATA2 RAID0
    700 watt PSU
    Blu-Ray

Re: Problem loading AMD RAID drivers during Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit install-A-870A-U

Try setting back the CMOS clock to a year or two ago, then the signature should be valid if that is really the issue.

Did you download the latest from AMD, I know you mentioned their site but just wanted to be sure? You can get the latest AMD ones from here

Chipset
    Drivers & Support | GAME.AMD.COM

Catalyst, separate components, and RAID drivers
    Drivers & Support | GAME.AMD.COM

Go to motherboard and select your OS version, then click the optional downloads tab and you will see the RAID drivers.

If this is just an x64 driver issue, and not really a date issue, you can hit F8 on bootup and disable driver signing but I've never seen this be an issue until after install.

For Intel we can install in AHCI mode, then switch to RAID mode later, not sure if that is possible on AMD though. You may want to try it after looking around for how this is done on AMD, on Intel it is a simple registry change

Comment

Re: Problem loading AMD RAID drivers during Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit install-A-870A-U

setting the clock in BIOS did not help. Although it was a good idea.
      Yes, I am using the latest drivers.
      AHCI is Intel only. I dont know why the option even exists on this AMD mobo. But I tried it anyways. The boot screen shows both disks when in AHCI mode. But the Windows installer doesnt find any drivers in folders.

EVERY RAID driver gives me...
      "To continue installation, use the Load Driver option to install 32-bit and signed 64-bit drivers. Installing an unsigned 64-bit device driver is not supported and might result in an unusable Windows installation."

Even the 32bit drivers give me the signature error. Although, after it rejects the 32bit drivers, the RAID appears in the list. But it cant be formatted or installed onto, or used in any way.

And it doesnt look like it matters anyways. The same "ahcix64s.msi " driver is in all the 64bit and 32bit folders.

I dunno who to be angry with...
      Microsoft for creating a fascist driver signing policy?
      AMD for releasing drivers with expired signatures?
      Gigabyte for using them?

Either way, Im an unsatisfied customer. This mobo has given me nothin but problems since day 1. I'm not impressed.
      Last edited by phosphene; 04-01-2011, 11:32 PM.
      2 x 1TB SATA2 RAID0
      700 watt PSU
      Blu-Ray

Comment

Do you have both driver on the USB or only the 32/64 bit version each time you are trying to install, are they at the root of the USB or in a sub-directory?

Comment

i have ALL the mobo drivers on the flash drive.
          they are in a sub directory....the default expanded folders. And the windows installer has no problem with the flash drive. Its the drivers it dont like.
          2 x 1TB SATA2 RAID0
          700 watt PSU
          Blu-Ray

Comment

Just to be sure beyond all doubt, place only the drivers you want to install at the root directory.

Comment

If that does not help please start a ticket here with GIGABYTE.

Iit will take them a few days to get back to you but I'm sure they can help as this is not a widely spread issue or I would have seen it much more often (This is the first)
              GIGABYTE - Support & Downloads - Technical Support

Comment

We are not sure where you got those drivers. You may want to try again. Check to be sure you have the SATA hard disk connecters in the SATA3 0 and SATA3 1. Not the GSATA2 6 and 7. Also the BIOS is setup for the proper ports. Please go over section 5 of your motherboard manual again. You will want to use the BIOS RAID Setup utility. You will want to check to be sure that in the RAID Setup Utility the disks are set to RAID and the disk assignment is set to Y not N as is seen on page 78 Figure 5 of your motherboard manual. Assignment N change to Y
                4. Press the <SPACE> key or <Y>to change the Assignment option to Y. This action adds the drive to the disk array. The Drv section will show the number of disks assigned.
                http://download.gigabyte.ru/manual/m...ud3_v2.2_e.pdf
                Did You Try SATA RAID 3.2.1540.75? Did you try downloading it from here?
                GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket AM3 - GA-870A-UD3 (rev. 2.2)
                If you did try it from a different location like America or China. After all it is a download.

By artdrivers at 2011-04-02
                Last edited by artdrivers; 04-03-2011, 12:22 AM.
                http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...ench-test.html
                http://www.gigabyte-usa.com/FileList...ios_qflash.pdf
                Phenom II 945 @ 3.2Ghz w/Thermaltake Big Typhoon Pro 14 CPU Cooler
                Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H rev.1.1 F11
                Sapphire 3870HD / 100225L / 512MB / ddr4
                4GB / Kingston / KHX8500D2K2/2GN / 5-5-5-18 / 1066Mhz
                (2) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA RAID-0
                (1) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA AHCI
                (2) IDE's 1 8XdualDVDRW 1 52x32x52x CDRW
                Antec /Neo HE550 / 550W
                Mid size ATX case with show through panel
                2) 80x80 front fans (1) 120x120 rear fan and small nb fan
                Microsoft comfort curve USB keyboard 2000 ver.1.0
                Logitech G500 USB mouse
                Monitor: CMV937A
                7.1+2 Channel High Definition ALC889A
                Dual boot Windows 7 32bit home & Windows 7 64bit home

Comment

Thanks for stopping by Artdrivers, I was about to PM you on this if he couldn't get it going, because this is the first time I've seen this issue so it can't be the norm.

Comment

It's also the first time I have seen it. If the correct drivers are being used this should not happen. I was thinking you do have to have all the dots connected when going RAID. Maybe the hard disks were not connected to the right ports when attempting the chipset drivers. Or maybe it was a bad download on the chipset drivers which left them corrupted. I don't know just trying to help.
                    Last edited by artdrivers; 04-03-2011, 03:38 PM.
                    http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...ench-test.html
                    http://www.gigabyte-usa.com/FileList...ios_qflash.pdf
                    Phenom II 945 @ 3.2Ghz w/Thermaltake Big Typhoon Pro 14 CPU Cooler
                    Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H rev.1.1 F11
                    Sapphire 3870HD / 100225L / 512MB / ddr4
                    4GB / Kingston / KHX8500D2K2/2GN / 5-5-5-18 / 1066Mhz
                    (2) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA RAID-0
                    (1) WD Caviar / WD2500AAKS/ 250GB in SATA AHCI
                    (2) IDE's 1 8XdualDVDRW 1 52x32x52x CDRW
                    Antec /Neo HE550 / 550W
                    Mid size ATX case with show through panel
                    2) 80x80 front fans (1) 120x120 rear fan and small nb fan
                    Microsoft comfort curve USB keyboard 2000 ver.1.0
                    Logitech G500 USB mouse
                    Monitor: CMV937A
                    7.1+2 Channel High Definition ALC889A
                    Dual boot Windows 7 32bit home & Windows 7 64bit home

Comment

thanx for the input.

Yes I tried all that stuff already....Re-download drivers. Double-triple-check ports, drivers in root directory.

Both the AMD and the GRAID RAID utility see the drives and build a RAID without problem. The Windows 7 64bit installer throws a fit when it finds drivers with expired signatures.
                      Last edited by phosphene; 04-03-2011, 11:37 PM.
                      2 x 1TB SATA2 RAID0
                      700 watt PSU
                      Blu-Ray

Comment

OK, so can you press F8 before the install and choose to use unsigned drivers during the install?

Are you sure your media (Install CD) is not messed up? Can you maybe reburn it again at the slowest setting to be sure?

I have NEVER Seen this during an install, only afterward, and didn't think it mattered at all during install because the UAC and driver signing features were not on yet.

Upload for me a single driver that you know causes this for you, I can't test RAID but I will attempt to load the driver during a x64 install and see if I can reproduce the error in a virtual environment just by loading the driver.

Then maybe I can see a further indication of the problem in some logs.

Comment

Actually, I think I just solved this for you!

As I mentioned previously, you can press F8 to disable driver signing, and you can do that before the installer starts too so it's disabled during the install process. Then you can deal with it later in windows so you don't have to use F8 each boot

But for now, hit F8 many times right before/as the installer is starting (Windows loading files) and you will get this screen where you can disable driver signing

Right click/view image if it's too small

Comment

I tested this one, no problem loading and installing past loading the driver (With F8 Driver disable, or not, but that could be due to it actually not being used here in a virtual machine?)

You said the date is indeed correct in your BIOS right? If so, it would seem to me that maybe your DVD drive or the install media is messed up I think, because I would expect even if this driver was not used loaded on my end that it is still installed when I choose to install it, and I do not get any errors. I am about 99% sure it loads and is part of the install process because in the past I have loaded Marvell drivers before an install but used the Intel ports (So drivers not used same as this) and the drivers were indeed installed during the install process even though they were not used at the time.

Comment

I'll post installed images in one second, hopefully I'll be able to hunt down where the driver went so I can show you :)

Install is almost complete

Comment

Working...
                              X