Motherboard Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motherboard Advice

I currently have a threat running in "All Other Hardware" here on the forums called "New Computer build, need tips!"

I'm quite happy with what I've gathered together in it, but I'm rather stuck on the motherboard.

I have a few candidates for my future build, and I got a tip to ask here as well to see if I'd get more response.

The cards I've been looking at are the following ones:
    ASUS P8P67 Pro
    MSI P67A-GD65
    ASRock P67 Extreme 4

Browsing forums and the internet in General, the ASUS P8P67 boards have a lot of mixed feelings about them.
    Reviews have rated them quite well, but a lot of users seem to have issues with them.
    But, feature-wise the P8P67 Pro board seems to fit me rather nicely, I'm just worried I'll buy a board that'll crash and burn and I'll be sitting there with a junk board and I'll have to send it back.

The MSI P67A-GD65 looks quite alright as well, but, using the P8P67 Pro as the reference board. The P8P67 wins out in supported memory(supporting 12800 by default and not only as an overclocked value), and also in using Intel Ethernet as opposed to Realtek. I have been led to believe that this is beneficial, but I really don't know, feel free to flame.

As for the ASRock Extreme 4, it looks quite alright as well.

Any ideas?

Feel free to reply to the topic I've posted in All Other Hardware rather than here, if you feel like it ^^

Re: Motherboard Advice

Got the MSI P67A-GD65 and am really fond about it, good OC capabilities, clear BIOS and have not yet found a compatible issue for memory. And got around 5 different sets in (mainly testing purpose).

Comment

Re: Motherboard Advice

that's the mainly things we need to think..
      For buying motherboard,

Comment

Working...
      X