No announcement yet.

H67N-USB3-B3 and Vertex 3 AHCI Issue BSOD, Please Help !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H67N-USB3-B3 and Vertex 3 AHCI Issue BSOD, Please Help !!

Right guys, i plugged the drive into the sata6 port and enabled ahci mode in the bios, i then installed windows 7 premium x64 to where it installed it then on the 1st reboot where it shows the windows starting logo after a few seconds it just bsods and continues to bsod.

I have even tried the install 3 times with secure erase in between with the same results, in fact this is the second drive i have purchased now with the same problems.

Now i have tried lots of different settings in the bios (like enabling smart status etc etc), but it is only giving me IDE/AHCI/RAID options so naturally i choose the AHCI which installed on my Samsung F4 hard drive fine after about 7 attempts.

Anyway after giving up in AHCI i then set it to IDE and a fresh install completed fine on the vertex 3, installed all the chipset drivers, IRST drivers and got windows updated.

Now i have tried doing the Regedit once it was up and running and changing it back to AHCI in the bios for it to just bsod in the same place on bootup.

I have tried the other sata3 port also.

Now i have enabled the XHD mode in the bios which the goes into raid mode automatically and boots up fine.

But still not native AHCI mode.

This is my second board as i took the first one back as i thought it was faulty and they swapped it with a brand new one.

I have tried F2, F3 and running the latest F5 bios with the same problems.

Now guys i am going crazy here so please help :)

Re: H67N-USB3-B3 and Vertex 3 AHCI Issue BSOD, Please Help !!

Disable XHD, and just set RAID below that, like this

Integrated Peripherals

Intel Controller (White Ports)
    eXtreme Hard Drive (Intel ICH10R Chipset) ........................ Disable/Auto
    ICH SATA Control Mode (Intel ICH10R Chipset) ..................... RAID
    SATA Port0-3 Native Mode (Intel ICH10R South Bridge) ............. Enabled

This will be the same as AHCI for an single drive, it will be in RAID mode but the disks will be Non-Member and will run in AHCI mode.

When you mention the registry edits, are you sure you changed all of the correct ones exactly?

Each of these, with of course the last one being most important here if you have already installed the Intel RST program and drivers
    Enable switching between all IDE/AHCI/RAID modes by changing "Start" Values in these keys to 0 (Win 7 / Vista ONLY)
    Code:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Msahci\Start
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Pciide\Start  
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\iaStor[B][COLOR="blue"]V[/COLOR][/B]\Start

Comment

Yes those are the registry edits i did.

Why wont it work in standard AHCI mode tho ? I didnt have a problem with my P8P67M-Pro with it set to native AHCI.

Thanks

Comment

Did you make sure you set the one with storV I bolded in blue, and not the stor without v (There is two in the registry so it's easy to confuse them)?

What driver do you have loaded when you try that? (Verify with AS SSD)

Comment

I have tried everything you asked, i have even double checked the registry links are correct and they are.

Now i have disable XHD in the bios but when i go to the select IDE/AHCI/RAID the raid one has XHD in brackets next to the RAID.

Now i have done this anyway and it is the same showing iaStor driver in AS SSD.

I tried AHCI again for it to BSOD on the startup.

Comment

Don't worry about the XHD after RAID on that same setting I mention, as long as you set like above it should be fine.

Can you try a clean install DVD, and burn this one at the slowest speed. Sometimes older or scratched DVD's can cause any number of random install issues just like this one.

Hey, you don't have a Pioneer CD/DVD drive do you? If you do this might be the issue as there is a known incompatibility with the AHCI/RAID drivers above 9.6

Comment

Hi mate i have tried a fresh DVD even a different version with SP1 slipstreamed into it.

All my software when burnt to disc is always at the slowest setting.

I have also been using my USB install with everything unplugged besides the vertex and still the same BSOD's.

Yes i am using a Pioneer laptop drive in my SFF build but i have even tried an LG drive also.

Regards

Comment

Hey, same problem here! Got a P67A-UD3-B3 + OCZ Vertex 3 240gb, SATA mode is AHCI. While installing Win7 64 from DVD, BSOD occurs seconds after logo appears during first reboot. With PCI mode it works. Tried the registry settings above, flashed BIOS to F3 and did all windows updates, but BSOD remained.

Setting SATA mode to raid worked for me too, thanks! Is there any drawback compared to setting SATA mode to AHCI?

Regards Brau

Comment

RAID mode with single drives is fine, that is actually how I run my setups when I use a single drive as I think it's better that way.

Comment

Working...
                  X