Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-P67A-UD4-B3 cold boot bsods

hello all, i'm newbie here
    i need a help with current memory settings on current motherboard, cause after some googling i investigate, that if user has random caused bsods at cold startup, it means something wrong with voltages of the memory. it seems it really well known problem
    i built up a pc half-mounth ago and on clean install it seems everything was fine, but afterwhile begun bsods. the memory itself seems ok cuse it gives errors with memtest on cold testing and zero errors after some work. the bsod appears when win7 greetings logo appears (or the first variant - when starting win7 logo merges up at startup dos screen). i have never seen an error which constantly repeats. so the only way
    i tried to load and xmp profile, it seems it looks ok and everything fine (or not?) with settings

but it bsods anyway
    if i set up 1.64v manually without xmp profile, or any other voltage below it works fine - after second boot but not on cold boot (cold boot means it was turned off a whole night for example and after i return from work and turn it on - bsod)

but anyway i cannot set dram voltage above 1.5 to prevent cpu damage
    after reading some topics i made a decision to raise up vpi voltage and set it to 1v. also i've changed timing settings to 88822 but without luck - it bsods after 5 minutes of work in os with random error
    now i have all memory setting at stock except dram voltage (set up to normal cause it seems after seting it to auto i started hear a random high pitch noise)
    so it's really frustrating to start working after second boot. after second boot pc works fine at its usual way
    what could i do to solve it? i dont wonna overclock i just want a normal work turning on my pc

rig specs:
    Core i7-2600 3.40GHz, 8Mb, 95W, LGA1155 with cooler master v10
    Motherboard GA-P67A-UD4-B3 rev 1.1
    6144 Mb DDR3 (pc-12800) 3x2048Mb Corsair XMS3 (CMX6GX3M3C1600C7)
    GAINWARD GTX580 Phantom 3072Mb GDDR5, 384 bit
    750 Gb Western Digital WD7502AAEX Caviar Black, SATA III 7200rpm, 64Mb
    psu Thermaltake Toughpower XT 775 W v 2.3 (TPX-775M)
    case Cooler Master HAF X RC-942-KKN1
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Re: GA-P67A-UD4-B3 cold boot bsods

Note the Profile VTT Voltage when XMP profile1, accorording to Lsdmeasap 1.2v some processors do not like it so high.
    What is it set to with XMP disabled?

Comment

Dram voltage setc according to your ram,if its 1.65v you need to set to 1.66 in the bios,qpi/vtt try one or two clicks more than 1v or try 1.15v and re test for cold boot,I would disable xmp and manually set ram speed/timings/voltages
      Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
      Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
      Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
      Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
      1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
      1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
      Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
      Razer Lycosa Keyboard
      Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
      Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
      K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
      L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
      Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
      Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
      http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
      Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

BTW this is a tripple channel kit not designed for Sandy Bridge.

Comment

thanks for ur replys!

Originally posted by Chike View Post
          Note the Profile VTT Voltage when XMP profile1, accorording to Lsdmeasap 1.2v some processors do not like it so high.
          What is it set to with XMP disabled?
          as i've already told, xmp dooesn't work anyway. it gives just a bsod at startup. i don't bother with it though

Originally posted by wazza300 View Post
          Dram voltage setc according to your ram,if its 1.65v you need to set to 1.66 in the bios,qpi/vtt try one or two clicks more than 1v or try 1.15v and re test for cold boot,I would disable xmp and manually set ram speed/timings/voltages
          xmp doesn't work
          is it safe to set dram voltage to something above 1.5? i'm afraid to burn out the cpu

BTW this is a tripple channel kit not designed for Sandy Bridge.
          yep i know it. but there is not a 6gb kit now and i don't need 8gb but 4gb kit is not what i need due to my work

Comment

I don't see any 8GB od DDR-1600 CL7 being sold so you may need to settle for CL 8, 8-9-8-24/27.

Comment

thanks, but the latest thing i'm bothering now is the latency. i just want a stable work at first startup

Comment

Try with 1.57v and increasing VTT gradually, from default (1.05v) up to 1.1v.

Comment

thank you i'll definitely try it today and keep posting the results but i'm sorry i have to repeat my question about the safety of cpu. is it a safe procedure to increase dram voltage on this mobo?

Comment

Yes, at least up to 1.65 but maybe more too, DRAM Voltage 1.425-1.575v is within "normal" voltaege range.

Comment

It should work fine at spec ram voltage,I didn't know which type you had hence I quoted 1.66v,but set to 1.5v if its printed on the ram,there are two common types and voltages 1.65v and 1.5v with the 1.5v you can raise slightly the voltage to try and fix cold boot ups,
                      Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
                      Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
                      Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
                      Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
                      1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
                      1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
                      Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
                      Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                      Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
                      Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
                      K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
                      L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
                      Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
                      Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
                      http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
                      Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

What revision does the memory have printed on the sticker?

Comment

thanks for ur replys, i'm very appreciated!

i've tried your suggestion and chose today at night before go to sleep the dram voltage to 1.56 and vtt to 1.08. today after 1 minute logging windows it gives bsod with c5 (it's strange because at night when i did this a booted up windows and did some usual thing, winrared a 3gb archive without any bsods with this settings
                          after it bsoded today i've changed vtt to 1.1 but without luck - the same situation here with c5 error
                          now all settings are at stock (dram voltage at normal) and i'm writing here

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
                          What revision does the memory have printed on the sticker?
                          glad to see you here too!
                          unfortunately i cant's see any stickers on sticks because they are all under v10 cooler. theoretically it's possible to remove them without taking off v10 but there is not much place to operate properly despite the fact that it's a big case. but the mobo is rather small so all components are concentrated around and above it. is there the other way to know it?

Comment

No, I think the sticker is the only place to see the revision.

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
                              No, I think the sticker is the only place to see the revision.
                              ok i'll try to take off v10 today and take a look

btw i dunno why but i got two ntoskrnl error related a couple of minuts ago in usual win work what did't happen since i removed sptd.sys
                              Last edited by expresso; 04-23-2011, 03:46 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X