Does G41M-VS3 support E5800?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does G41M-VS3 support E5800?

Hi everyone, I'm new here I hope I didnt violate any rule. I've tried the search box but I can't seem to find the answer to my question.

I'm thinking to build a rig for my nephew, and before I pay for anything I need to be sure:

Does this motherboard ASRock > Products > G41M-VS3 support this processor ?

E5800 isn't listed on the CPU Support list, does that mean it's not supported?
    Thanks for your help.

Re: Does G41M-VS3 support E5800?

Dear Gilgamesh214,

Due to we don't have the CPU E5800, we cannot the CPU on G41M-VS3 for you.

We recommend you refer to below link for CPU support list to choose your CPU.
    Link: ASRock > Products > G41M-VS3 > CPU Support List

Thanks!

Have a nice day
    ASRock TSD Emily

Comment

Originally posted by ASRock TSD - Emily View Post
      Dear Gilgamesh214,

Due to we don't have the CPU E5800, we cannot the CPU on G41M-VS3 for you.

We recommend you refer to below link for CPU support list to choose your CPU.
      Link: ASRock > Products > G41M-VS3 > CPU Support List

Thanks!

Have a nice day
      ASRock TSD Emily
      I assume it's not supported then.
      Thanks for your help, saves me time. Have a nice day.

Comment

you mean this mobo supports e5700 & 5900 but NO 5800 ??? why not ??? they all have the same core!!!

Comment

Originally posted by g10 View Post
          you mean this mobo supports e5700 & 5900 but NO 5800 ??? why not ??? they all have the same core!!!
          That's what made me wonder. I guess motherboard vendors are seldom to update their older product CPU support list. I dunno.

Comment

Hello,

If you check Intel's official web site as linked, there is an option to check for compatible chipsets on the left. The G41 chipset is listed to work with the E5800. This is because the architecture, voltages, multiplier range, instruction features, ect. are all accessible to the chipset.

There is a chance that it won't work if the BIOS isn't updated to recognize the chip, but in my personal experience, the system/chip still works without a proper processor name identifier in the BIOS. Also, some manual settings might be needed in the BIOS.

Manufacturers easily could update the BIOS to support this but won't because of time and costs for a 3 generation old (End of Life?) product. This way they can't be bothered with support calls if it doesn't work.

For the price, you may want to check the compatible processors (on the left side) of the following link to see what else could fit in that board that might be similar in cost and offer even better performance!

Comment

Working...
            X