New H55DE3 USB devices unresponsive after POST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New H55DE3 USB devices unresponsive after POST

I just installed a H55DE3 motherboard in my system, and upon booting my usb keyboard is unresponsive, and thus I cannot press F2 to adjust BIOS settings. Upon boot, there are two beeps, but the asrock splash screen shows up. Quickly after the splash screen, a black screen appears indicating which SATA devices I have connected, warning that the computer case is open, and saying to press F2 to adjust system settings. About half a second after that screen, I reach a screen that is entirely black except for an underscore in the top left corner. The computer will remain at this screen indefinitely, until turned off. It should be noted that at each screen, pressing F2 on my keyboard does nothing, and it doesn't appear as though the keyboard is getting any power.

I have attempted to boot with just the boot drive, but it has resulted in the same problem. Upon booting with just the DVD-rom drive with a windows install cd, it will go past the "underscore-in-the-top-left" screen and will give me a couple of options (can't remember off the top of my head). While I have those options, however, my keyboard remains unresponsive so that I cannot actually press enter to utilize them. I have attempted booting with the keyboard in each individual usb port with no luck.

System Specs:
    OCZ StealthXStream 700W PSU
    ASUS P7P55D-E MB
    Intel Core i5-750 2.66GHz CPU
    Sapphire Radeon HD 5970 2gb GPU
    G.Skill Ripjaws 4gb (2x2gb) DDR3 1600 RAM
    Intel X25-M 80gb SSD (Boot drive)
    Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500gb HDD (Storage Drive 1)
    Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 1tb HDD 9 (Storage Drive 2)
    Sony DVD-Rom drive (DDU1681S-0B)
    Cooler Master Hyper 212 CPU Cooler

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Working...
X