Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

System won't boot - Gigabyte incompatibility w/ AMD 1090t, Kingston memory?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• System won't boot - Gigabyte incompatibility w/ AMD 1090t, Kingston memory?

Re: System won't boot - Gigabyte incompatibility w/ AMD 1090t, Kingston memory?

It is unlikely to 8GB of memory to be stable at default settings, without tweaks.
    Is the memory set to DDR-1600 or DDR-1333?

Try to add CPU NB Control, a little as needed to be stable, up to 1.35v.

Run a few passes of Memtest86+ before you run windows,
    File system may be corrupted so you may need to re-install Windows.

Comment

Thanks you for the information and help.

The memory is 1333. Does that change your opinion?

Comment

Not really, 8GB is a lot so you may still need more CPU NB VID, for 1600 you may need more.
        That's 2 sticks kit right?

Comment

Hah! It turns out it was incompatibility between the Kingston memory and Gigabyte MB. I replaced the 2 4GB Kingston sticks with 4 2GB Crucial sticks and everything is fine.

The memory is 1600, but POST says it is running at 1333 unganged. Now I just have to figure out how to get it running at 1600 - I think.

Is your opinion that I should just leave it at 1333?
          Last edited by ahciii; 05-23-2011, 10:58 AM. Reason: ommited word

Comment

Setting the memory to run at 1600 is easy, just set multiplier to x8, timings and voltage as specified.
            Getting it stable at 1600 may require more work.
            Run a memory benchmark like , or other, at 1333 and 1600 to see what is the diference.
            For more significant gain in memory performance you will need to overclock the bus frequency.

Comment

Working...
            X