X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Enjoyable Audio for Game - CORSAIR SP2500 2.1 channel speaker review

Comment

Comment

Re: More Enjoyable Audio for Game - CORSAIR SP2500 2.1 channel speaker review

The high caps on card shows ONKYO high intention for the professional audio card.
        Some internet rumors said next generation SE-300PCI will move to X-FI chipset. I guess it might cater to game or movie hobbyist.

SE-200PCI interface is same as VIA driver software.
        As my personal experience with several VIA 1723/1724 audio cards, this interface is very familiar.
        VIA interface is pretty simple. You can use default for all.
        I think it because Envy24HT is audio quality oriented, it doesn’t have many soundstage setups.

Conclusion after watching movie
        High frequency tone is very good. It’s mellower than X-FI, but the difference is small.
        Middle frequency is very good. You can hear all the human sound detail and the clarity is much better.
        Low frequency is also mid-high level. Even it’s not such powerful as X-FI, however it’s not far away.
        Overall, I found the human sound is clear and you can feel the levels as background music or special effects.
        The accent is not so strong. The sound is a little bit weak, but the stretch is very good. The overall is more balance than X-FI.

In game, it’s similar to movie
        Comparing to X-FI, you still can hear some detail, but the surround sound is a little weak. The difference is not big gap comparing to music.
        However, it’s not a big problem. You can adjust the soundstage mode in desktop controller to enhance the accent and surrounding.

Using SE-200PCI can leverage SP2500 sound clarity and restoration to another level.
        It’s more suitable for users who need lossless audio. The mid and high frequency is enhanced very much.
        SE-200PCI comparing to X-FI, the soundstage and accent is a little bit weak.]
        For the diversity factor, if you like stronger accent, you can use controller to adjust the soundstage to enhance the low frequency.
        BTW, X-FI uses analog 3.5mm jack, but SE-200PCI uses digital RCA jack. It may be the reason to cause the difference.
        For built-in X-FI audio has such good quality, G1.SNIPER use high level audio caps is the key factor.

I have been using 5.1 channels speaker for years, because I thought only 5.1 channels speaker has better surrounding stereo.
        After comparing with few friends’ 2.1 channel one, I found the audio detail and human sound are better than 5.1 channels.
        2.1 channels speaker is more suitable for my demand.
        This CORSAIR SP2500 is high end 2.1 Gaming PC speaker.
        CORSAIR also has mid-end SP2200.
        SP2200 price is only 40% of SP2500. The position is par price PC speaker.
        The first sight of SP2500, I feel the outlook and quality are good level. The desktop controller is also very fine.
        Even though it position at Gaming segment, the sound in move is also very good.
        It’s a very competent for multimedia PC speaker. Combining with 2 high end audio chips, the overall performance is very good level.
        Good gaming speakers need good audio cards to bring it into full play.
        I hope this review can be your reference for gaming speaker. :)

The audio quality test above is subjective. Everyone has your own feeling for audio.
        The sense range is PC speaker level. I set up in default values to avoid the environment affect.

This review also post in my blog WIND3C
        Welcome 3C lovers to visit and advise.

Comment

Re: More Enjoyable Audio for Game - CORSAIR SP2500 2.1 channel speaker review

thanks ,It's meaningful and the picture is so great!

Comment

Working...
          X