Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

P67 Extreme6 B3 L1.63 Enabling both NICs always reboots to BIOS, not OS.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P67 Extreme6 B3 L1.63 Enabling both NICs always reboots to BIOS, not OS.

Re: P67 Extreme6 B3 L1.63

"Enabling both NICs always enters BIOS setup"

Got this strange problem that if I enable both LAN ports my machine it always goes to "Entering Setup" every time I restart. Cold/Warm/Reset doesn't matter. If I only have one NIC enabled in the bios it will boot fine. Doesn't matter if its NIC 1 or 2.

The only way to boot with both NICs is to remove the G15 keyboard from the USB 2 port and then plug it back in after Windows starts.

Is this is beta bios bug?

I don't have the UbiKey plugged BTW (Its a multi-factor authentication device that interfaces with the PC as a HID device.)

Thanks.

Re: P67 Extreme6 B3 L1.63 Enabling both NICs always reboots to BIOS, not OS.

Try the latest Beta UEFI from ASRock website:
    ASRock > Products > Motherboard > P67 Extreme6 > Download

Comment

L1.63 is the latest BETA version.

Download that ZIP file from the beta zone and the file in it is actually P67EX61.63 even though the ZIP says L1.85. Go figure. The website says 2011-05-02 date stamp and the file in ZIP dates 2011-4-29 19:25.

I've tried all the download sites. Same deal. :-(

Maybe someone from ASROCK packaged the wrong version / or named the ZIP file wrong?

Any comments from ASROCK staff?

Comment

Perhaps it is a typo because 1.85 and the same changelog is for P67 Pro3.

Comment

Working...
        X