Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is P67 Extreme6 The Worst P67 Motherboard Out There?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is P67 Extreme6 The Worst P67 Motherboard Out There?

Hello, I have had ASROCK P67 Extreme6 since January in B2, and later in B3, and I have nothing good to say about this board at all, it is nothing but problems all of the time. I will list the problems that I have and if anyone can suggest anything apart from burning this piece of crap I would appreciate it. I have a second 1155 system using ASUS P8P67 Evo and I have none of these issues with any of the same hardware, and I also tested 2 mice on my Q6600 EX48 system without any problems.

1 Constant USB problems with USB 2 and 3, USB 2: Mouse stutters especially bad when the CPU is under load, USB 3: Can't copy large amount of data, it just stops. I have 2 different external USB 3 HDDs Samsung and WD and 1 External USB 3 HDD enclosure Vantec not using JMicron controller and still it DOES NOT WORK. I tried all bioses out there 1.3, 1.4, 1.5, 1.6, 1.63 as well as all the drivers including 0.89, 0.91, 0.96, 0.98, 0.101 NO LUCK.

2 Voltage when overclocking: When I push the CPU at 5GHz or above, 2500K or 2600K, and I want to give it more voltage then 1.52 Volts it does not happen unless I set it to Fixed mode which feeds it excessive voltage all of the time even when it is idling at 1.6Ghz, if I change it to Offset mode the limit is 1.52 Volts, now WTF is up with that, the ASUS board works like a charm.

Now there were some other problems that I could list that sort of got resolved over time however the problem with the USB ports if F****** ANNOYING especially the mouse stutter as when you are working and need something done and it begins to stutter is drives me up the wall, and I can't help but think all the negative thoughts about F****** ASROCK. Please help. Thank you.
Working...
X