Big issues with GA-H67M-D2-B3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big issues with GA-H67M-D2-B3

So I bought this in a bundle kit from Newegg. Good board, good proc, and memory. So I get it all built, first build since P4 2.8. I get it all hooked up with a DVI cable, network, keyboard, mouse and power. I install Windows 7 32 bit. It installs without a hitch. The hitch comes when I install the video card driver. I am using the onboard video through the Intel processor. So I reboot after the install and Windows loads, but as soon as it switches over to the "Welcome" screen the monitor turns off. So I tried 4 drivers. CD, Gigabyte website, Intel's website, and Microsoft Update. All of them do this. I cannot use the VGA port because my monitor does not work well with that port for some reason. So my question: How do I get the DVI port to work on this motherboard?

Thanks,
    Aaron

Re: Big issues with GA-H67M-D2-B3

The monitor trns off, is it like it has no signal or the led indicates it?
    Is the system still up? e.g. if press the power button does it shut down?
    Which CPU, and what memory model you are using?

Comment

Originally posted by Chike View Post
      The monitor trns off, is it like it has no signal or the led indicates it?
      Is the system still up? e.g. if press the power button does it shut down?
      Which CPU, and what memory model you are using?
      When connected to the DVI port, the monitor goes to sleep but the computer is still on.
      When connected to the VGA cable, the monitor will go black but will remain on and not in sleep mode.

CPU: Intel Core i5 2400
      Memory: Gskill DDR3 1333 2x2gb kit

Right now it is running fine on another monitor with a VGA cable. But I really really want to know why it doesn't use the DVI cable.

Comment

So that one monitor has problems with either VGA or DVI, and it works fine with VGA on another monitor.
        Maybe you only need to install the monitor inf file?
        Maybe refresh rate or resolution set to something the monitor cannot handle.

Comment

I have been using this monitor since around 2007 and it has been working flawless with my other computer that uses DVI and has no problems. But the video card is dedicated and not integrated. So that could be the difference. I guess I will save my pennies and either buy a new monitor or a new video card for this machine.

Comment

If you have the CD that came with the monitor try to install it's inf file.

Comment

Even though Windows 7 detects and installed my monitor?

Comment

Did it relly? Try to boot in safe mode and see if the monitor is installed correctly or it is generic PnP monitor.

Comment

Booting into Safe Mode would remove all drivers but what is necessary, so yes it shows as a PnP Monitor.

Comment

It does not remove all drivers, it just don't not load all drivers.

Comment

True. That is what I meant. So any idea on how to get the DVI port working on this motherboard? Or is it a limitation of the processor?

Comment

Can you borrow and test with another DVI cable?
                        Make sure that both cable connections are securely attached.
                        Q9650 @ 4.10GHz [9x456MHz]
                        P35-DS4 [rev: 2.0] ~ Bios: F14
                        4x2GB OCZ Reaper PC2-8500 1094MHz @5-5-5-15
                        MSI N460GTX Hawk Talon Attack (1GB) video card <---- SLI ---->
                        Seasonic SS-660XP2 80 Plus Platinum psu (660w)
                        WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data)
                        Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot)
                        SLI @ 16/4 works when running HyperSLI
                        Cooler Master 120XL Seidon push/pull AIO cpu water cooling
                        Cooler Master HAF XB computer case (RC-902XB-KKN1)
                        Asus VH242H 24" monitor [1920x1080]
                        MSI N460GTX Hawk (1GB) video card
                        Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
                        win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium
                        HT|Omega Claro plus+ sound card
                        CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD UPS
                        E6300 (R0) @ 3.504GHz [8x438MHz] ~~ P35-DS3L [rev: 1.0] ~ Bios: F9 ~~ 4x2GB Kingston HyperX T1 PC2-8500, 876MHz @4-4-4-10
                        Seasonic X650 80+ gold psu (650w) ~~ Xigmatek Balder HDT 1283 cpu cooler ~~ Cooler Master CM 690 case (RC-690-KKN1-GP)
                        Samsung 830 128GB SSD MZ-7PC128B/WW (boot) ~~ WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data) ~~ ZM-MFC2 fan controller
                        HT|Omega Striker 7.1 sound card ~~ Asus VH242H monitor [1920x1080] ~~ Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
                        win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium ~~ CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD U.P.S

Comment

Is it a dvi-d cable or dvi? Maybe you need a dvi-d (dual link)to support higher res? Look on wikipedia for cable explanations

Edit: I've just been reading on Wikipedia and it says when you connect dvi cable it detects and reads your monitors edid info (screen res/refresh rate ect) so maybe its a BIOS issue with the igpu not being able to read your monitor? I would email gigabyte telling them your exact monitor model number and ask if the can send you a modified BIOS to allow you to use the dvi port
                          Last edited by wazza300; 06-19-2011, 07:52 PM.
                          Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
                          Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
                          Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
                          Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
                          1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
                          1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
                          Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
                          Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                          Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
                          Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
                          K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
                          L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
                          Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
                          Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
                          http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
                          Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I am using the cable that came with the monitor. I checked wikipedia, and the cable I have is a DVI-D single link cable. Could that be the problem?

I've already tried emailing Gigabyte and no reply.

EDIT: I found another DVI cable but it is the same kind.

Comment

A single link DVI-D cable should be fine unless you're using a very large, high resolution monitor.
                              Even if your monitor and cable work fine on another system, I'd still test with another newer DVI-D cable.
                              Can you borrow a video card to test with?

Depending on the volume of requests, getting a reply from GB tech support can take several days or longer.
                              Q9650 @ 4.10GHz [9x456MHz]
                              P35-DS4 [rev: 2.0] ~ Bios: F14
                              4x2GB OCZ Reaper PC2-8500 1094MHz @5-5-5-15
                              MSI N460GTX Hawk Talon Attack (1GB) video card <---- SLI ---->
                              Seasonic SS-660XP2 80 Plus Platinum psu (660w)
                              WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data)
                              Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot)
                              SLI @ 16/4 works when running HyperSLI
                              Cooler Master 120XL Seidon push/pull AIO cpu water cooling
                              Cooler Master HAF XB computer case (RC-902XB-KKN1)
                              Asus VH242H 24" monitor [1920x1080]
                              MSI N460GTX Hawk (1GB) video card
                              Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
                              win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium
                              HT|Omega Claro plus+ sound card
                              CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD UPS
                              E6300 (R0) @ 3.504GHz [8x438MHz] ~~ P35-DS3L [rev: 1.0] ~ Bios: F9 ~~ 4x2GB Kingston HyperX T1 PC2-8500, 876MHz @4-4-4-10
                              Seasonic X650 80+ gold psu (650w) ~~ Xigmatek Balder HDT 1283 cpu cooler ~~ Cooler Master CM 690 case (RC-690-KKN1-GP)
                              Samsung 830 128GB SSD MZ-7PC128B/WW (boot) ~~ WD Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB (data) ~~ ZM-MFC2 fan controller
                              HT|Omega Striker 7.1 sound card ~~ Asus VH242H monitor [1920x1080] ~~ Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speakers
                              win7 x64 sp1 Home Premium ~~ CyberPower CP1500PFCLCD U.P.S

Comment

Working...
                              X