New build won't boot - Help needed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New build won't boot - Help needed.

I built a new rig including the asusrock extreme4 mobo, but it doesn't boot up. Dr debug gives me an 0xa3 code (IDE enabled), does anyone know what exactly i have to do now (i tried unplugging all of hdds, dvd to no avail. Currently running the mobo only with cpu and 1 bar of ram)? What am I missing?

Re: New build won't boot - Help needed.

Im assuming your asrock board has no ide connection? I mean asrock extreme 4 what like p67,z68 or what.
    Running what cpu,os memory,gx card n all that.

Yes I know sata connections can be run in "ide mode"and most motherboards as far as I know still have ide mode as default.
    Clear cmos n get back to a basic setup for your components.

Check out threads like

Im sure there are others .and do post all tour system specs+os.

nb asus and asrock are now seperate entities, with the volume of motherboards shipped top 3 being

1.Asus
    2.Gigabyte
    3.Asrock
    Last edited by kick; 06-18-2011, 02:58 PM.
    Current Systems:

Asrock p67 Extreme6.............. Gigabyte EP-45 UD3 ...................... Gigabyte 73 PVM S2
    Intel i5 2500k 4.8ghz................ Intel Q8400 3.8ghz......................... Intel D820 2.8ghz
    Zalman 10x cooler.................... Coolermaster V8............................ HP cooler
    8GB Gskill ripjaw ddr3.............. 4GB Gskill PI ddr2.......................... 4GB samsung ddr2
    60GB ssd/500GB HDD .............. WD 1TB hdd.................................... Seagate 160GB hdd
    GTX 460 1GB x2 SLI ................. Msi 9600GT 512MB(died) ........... Onboard gx
    Win7 64 ,750w psu(ocz)............ Win7 64 ,520w psu,seasonic...... Win XP pro ,400w psu

HEC 6A34 case . ....................... Jeantec R2 case............................ Packard Bell case

hoping to upgrade to http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/habicase.shtml
    http://www.flixya.com/video/140325/Animal-launching

Comment

OK, here's the specs:
      CPU: i7 2600K (stock 3.4GHz)
      RAM: 2x4GB DDR3 Corsair Vengeance (8-8-8-24; 1600MHz)
      GPU: Asus GTX 580
      HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB
      MoBo: Asrock P67 Extreme4
      PSU: Corsair TX650
      Case: CoolerMaster HAF

After boot-up there is no image, and the code a3 (IDE enabled) is displayed. If i connect a keyboard and press del the code changes to a6 (scsi enabled). HD plugged or unplugged doesn't make any difference. I tried all the usual, clearing cmos, battery removal. My question is, what exactly could be wrong? The mobo istself?

Comment

getting literally the same exact problem
        i5 2600k
        gtx 560
        2x 4gb vengeance corsair
        z68 extreme3 gen3
        no post or video, getting a3 dr debug with or without any drives plugged in, hitting del takes it to a6, hitting f1 disables it all together until i reset my cmos.
        stuck here :c.

Comment

Just a thought but no usb devices plugged in besides keyboard/mouse right?

Comment

If you guys are using an HDMI cable, try a VGA (D-sub) cable.
            ASRock seems to be having trouble with UEFI BIOS on some boards.

Bill
            My HTPC -

ASRock 970 Extreme3
            AMD FX-4100 w/Coolermaster GeminII S cooler
            M Station HT-1100 HTPC Media Center case
            Antec 480 NeoPower PSU
            Kingston HyperX Blu 8GB KHX1600C9D3B1K2/8GX
            Gigabyte GV-R467ZL 4670/1GB video card
            Hitachi HDS721050CLA362 500GB SATA hd
            Windows7 Ultimate x64 & Ubuntu 10.04 LTS (partitioned)
            Pioneer DVR-215D SATA DVD burner
            Samsung 40" 1080p 120Hz LCD HDTV LN40C630

You can teach an old dog; it just takes longer.

Comment

Just Bought FX8120 with ASRock 990fx Extreme3, same problem. However, I did get past this after a few things.

Getting around the No screen during loading (Electric Bill is correct) using a VGA cable, or possibly switching ports on the video card when the screen goes blank, as I think it is trying to attempt to make the main display the secondary. Try it. Switching ports worked for me but i have two monitors, one dvi, and one vga to dvi. just had to switch them to get screen.

As for the IDE not found, I did have this problem, but the main thing was that I had my hard disk on AHCI mode, when installing win7. Then it asked me to make a boot disk, I said no, and it kept restarting and asking the same thing. I switched it back to IDE mode, (Make sure to reset the hard drive boot priority), let it restart again and I had no problems afterwards. bootup into windows, installed basic mainboard drivers, etc..

Just FYI, hope this helps some of you out.

-Regards
              FathomX

Comment

Working...
              X