$4000AUD Gaming Rig!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $4000AUD Gaming Rig!

Man looks good to me ....just wish I had 4 grand to spend on an computer!

Just with the motherboard....some people seem to say bad things about SiS chipsets but theres no doubting that this new one is damn fast especially with DDR400. I personally have no experience with them so cant form an opinion.

Comment

It looks like you mean business. :thumb:

Comment

Looks good!
        Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
        Managing Director
        Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

you can save $19 and just us the floppy out of your current computer (i'm using one from a p166), or have no floppy at all :)

but this is entirely up to you
          TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

Well if i were you i would just get the antec case that has that 430W power supply in it. See, the Aopen H600a is a good case, but when you add the cost of the antec PSU to it you get $249. The the same as the cost of the Antec PP1080 case, and its a far superior case to the Aopen H600a in all areas. Also gigabyte video cards dont have great reputations, and you can get that one in particular for $815 if saving the $70 something is of any concern.

Comment

It's all been ordered and is coming tomorrow! Thanks for your help :thumb:.

Comment

Hey.. Everything looks good except that motherbaord.. I purchased it and was planing on reviewing it.. it has tons of problems

and it seems im not the only one

just check out www.asusboards.com in there forums

Comment

aren't those prices high? wasn't the conversion like 1:1.5? or was it 1:3?

if i were you i woulda waited for xp 2800+s and nforce2..double ddr..

Comment

The conversion is usually 2x but a few things can be gettin' into 2.5-3x the zone. :(

Well he's had the board for for a couple of weeks now so I wonder how he faired with it. :?:
                    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

i'll ask him (he used to be in my year @ schoool)
                      TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

Originally posted by Wiggo
                        The conversion is usually 2x but a few things can be gettin' into 2.5-3x the zone. :(

Well he's had the board for for a couple of weeks now so I wonder how he faired with it. :?:
                        <center>:cheers:</center>

Yeh, most things are around the 2x mark, video cards 3x mark. Although the prices listed above on that video card and CPU are a good deal higher than the entry price on those products.

Although we do find PSU's & Case fans pretty decently cheap here, ive seen antec truepower 430's selling for $80USD, and you can pick up a truepower 430 here for about $140, so for once we are cheaper on something after currency conversion. Ive also seen delta 80mm fans sellign for between $15-20 usd, but you can pick them up here for under $25, i paid $22 for mine

Comment

I think it should all be the same. The prices being different by that much is stupid. I know, I know, it's the shipping and what not but still...

Comment

Well, there is also supply and demand which dictates price, due to the fact that we have a much smaller population than USA we are going to receieve a fraction of the computer stock that america does, which means higher purchase price. Also nVidia & ATI are based in USA and canada so obviously they are going to be cheaper there.

Comment

Yep. I could REALLY see the price differences and time delays when I was living in England. It's terrible. :thumbs do

Comment

Working...
                              X