• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASRock Z68 Pro3 - Integrated graphics problem

I finished my first ever build yesterday. My components are:
    • ASRock Z68 Pro3
    • Intel Core i5 2500K
    • G.Skill X Series PC3 12800 RAM (4 x 2 GB)
    • Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB HDD
    • Corsair 600W PSU
    I don't intend to buy a discrete graphics card for a few months, since the Intel HD3000 seems quite capable for now. I've performed a clean boot of windows and installed all the Mobo drivers.
    The system is working great for the most part, and I'm loving it. The only problem I've encountered is with the integrated graphics chipset. When I ran the Windows system experience index, there was a "Display driver igfx stopped responding and has successfully recovered."
    Also whenever I try to play a Netflix video, the system locks up completely after a few seconds (I guess after the buffering is complete and the system tried to play in HD). Sometimes the system recovers and I see the same error as above. At other times I have to cold-reboot the computer by holding the power button for a few seconds.
    I've run Memtest, and all tests passed. The CPU and Mobo temperatures are fine (50 and 33 deg. celcius). I haven't modified any of the default voltages for the CPU/RAM.
    I also tried checking the Intel site to see if any of the drivers needed to be updated, but all drivers are up to date.
    Can somebody help me figure out what the problem is, and how I can fix it please? :'(
Working...
X