Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• z68 extreme 4 and Intel Rapid Storage Technology

hi to all
    In the download site of asrock extreme 4 if you want to install Intel Rapid Storage Technology drivers there is a required bios to install too : 1.30
    The question is if I want to use Intel Rapid Storage Technology i have to install only 1.30 bios version or even higher version like 1.40 or 1.50 ?
    Tks

Re: z68 extreme 4 and Intel Rapid Storage Technology

rst should work with the bios that came with the board.
    If the asrock site says you need a minimum bios version 1.30 for rst,thats what you will need.
    I think bios 1.30 was the first release,not sure.
    If you want to reflash to a different bios later thats up to you .

My original b2 extreme 6 mbrd came with bios version 1.30.I installed rst on it just fine.
    Then I tried reflashing with different bios versions,1.33(no longer available at asrock),1.4 etc they all worked ok but 1.30 was fine also.

On my new b3 board which came with bios version 1.50 ,I havent reflashed the bios even tho there is a 1.6 version available.
    Personally (assuming your board is new?)I would go with whatever bios arrived with the motherboard and use rst with that and get everything working.
    If you want to try reflashing the bios later to a newer version cos it clears some "bug" like double booting or allows a higher overclock,you can.
    Current Systems:

Asrock p67 Extreme6.............. Gigabyte EP-45 UD3 ...................... Gigabyte 73 PVM S2
    Intel i5 2500k 4.8ghz................ Intel Q8400 3.8ghz......................... Intel D820 2.8ghz
    Zalman 10x cooler.................... Coolermaster V8............................ HP cooler
    8GB Gskill ripjaw ddr3.............. 4GB Gskill PI ddr2.......................... 4GB samsung ddr2
    60GB ssd/500GB HDD .............. WD 1TB hdd.................................... Seagate 160GB hdd
    GTX 460 1GB x2 SLI ................. Msi 9600GT 512MB(died) ........... Onboard gx
    Win7 64 ,750w psu(ocz)............ Win7 64 ,520w psu,seasonic...... Win XP pro ,400w psu

HEC 6A34 case . ....................... Jeantec R2 case............................ Packard Bell case

hoping to upgrade to http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/habicase.shtml
    http://www.flixya.com/video/140325/Animal-launching

Comment

Working...
    X