Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASRock Z68 Extreme4 - Mouse movement is jumpy in bios?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASRock Z68 Extreme4 - Mouse movement is jumpy in bios?

It wasn't always like this, maybe pre-1.50 bios update, but now when I move the mouse left and right it's like it hits a brick wall and only moves a little bit up and down. Eventually if I keep moving the mouse right and left it breaks through, but then gets stopped again at another point on the screen.

The mouse works fine in Windows, and actually worked fine in the bios for a long time...

Has anyone else noticed this behavior? I think even the left mouse clicking is off too, since I'll click and it takes a few seconds for it to respond... even left clicking to drag a slider/scrollbar up and down is jumpy and can take a while.

Makes the bios pretty horrible to work in.

Dave

Re: ASRock Z68 Extreme4 - Mouse movement is jumpy in bios?

Originally posted by RRabbi View Post
    It wasn't always like this, maybe pre-1.50 bios update, but now when I move the mouse left and right it's like it hits a brick wall and only moves a little bit up and down. Eventually if I keep moving the mouse right and left it breaks through, but then gets stopped again at another point on the screen.

The mouse works fine in Windows, and actually worked fine in the bios for a long time...

Has anyone else noticed this behavior? I think even the left mouse clicking is off too, since I'll click and it takes a few seconds for it to respond... even left clicking to drag a slider/scrollbar up and down is jumpy and can take a while.

Makes the bios pretty horrible to work in.

Dave
    Haven't seen this problem (and I am using BIOS v1.50). Would have suggested you clean your mouse/work surface, but since it's working in Windows, that doesn't seem to be the problem. The obvious other suggestions would be to try another mouse/USB port (maybe you have a port that is marginal?) and/or clear your CMOS and re-enter any non-default BIOS settings. Might also check USB settings in BIOS.

Comment

Originally posted by uszkanni View Post
      Haven't seen this problem (and I am using BIOS v1.50). Would have suggested you clean your mouse/work surface, but since it's working in Windows, that doesn't seem to be the problem. The obvious other suggestions would be to try another mouse/USB port (maybe you have a port that is marginal?) and/or clear your CMOS and re-enter any non-default BIOS settings. Might also check USB settings in BIOS.
      Hmmm... under the BIOS USB settings, "Legacy USB 3.0 Support" was disabled... I enabled that and now the mouse is smooth again... Not sure why this affected the mouse, since the USB transmitter is plugged into a USB 2.0 slot on the back of the tower... oh well...

Comment

Not sure about the USB3.0 legacy setting but it's working now, so that's good.

It sounds like you're using a wireless mouse. So if it happens again maybe check:
        - that the power connection to the receiver is seated well,
        - there are no obstructions between the mouse and the receiver,
        - the batteries in the mouse (and keyboard) are good.

Anyhoo, glad to hear you system is working.

--Joe

Comment

Working...
        X