Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PLEASE HELP-Admin problem

hi im new and in need of some help

i did a botched job on sp1 installation, get tht error where it crashes when it gets to boot screen(found out y now-cause i had a third party program which put a diff boot screen on). neway i used my other HD but thts gone AWOL-so im gonna do fresh install of xp/sp1 on tht-but still leaves me with other hard drive tht has all my data on it

it works fine as a slave, but i cant access my muisc etc because i was the admin on it and so its blocked me-PLEASE say thtere is someway to over come this:( . thanx :)

ne one?:(

Comment

you might wanna try this, it worked for me before when I got caught in a similar situation...

First try this, open start menu/programs/accesories/system tools/file settings and transfer wizard.

If the above fails, try this solution:

1) connect the hdd w/ your unretrievable files as a slave drive
      2) open start menu/programs/accesories/system tools/backup
      3) setup the backup prog so that it will create a media file backup of all the information to which you now have no access to.
      4) when it finishes making the backup, verify it, then proceed to open the back file you just created, on the main drive.

If everything went well, you should have access to all your files and you can just format the slave drive.

Please note, that in my experience, the file settings and transfer wizard didn't cut it. I developed the second solution out of desperation, however, it doesn't work 100%. Your basically tricking the OS into giving you access to those files, so just be aware that it may not work for you.

\\s o u l t a k e r:devil:

Comment

thanx-got my music back :)

Comment

Working...
        X