No announcement yet.

Boot Hanging at post code A3 - IDE Enable (ASRock Extreme4 Z68)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boot Hanging at post code A3 - IDE Enable (ASRock Extreme4 Z68)

Just completed my new build last night (specs below), when booting I get a post code A3 (IDE enable) on the debug LED. Also not getting any video on the monitor (but may have to try another port). Tried disconnecting all SATA connections from the MB, no change. ASRock support told me to check the RAM voltage settings in the BIOS (?) but I can't get to the BIOS without any video, so I'm somewhat stuck. Anybody have any suggestions?

CPU: i5 2500K
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2 x 4 GB
    GPU: EVGA GTX 580
    HD: Crucial 64GB SSD
    PSU: Rosewill Bronze 1000W
    Case: Corsair 800D

Kind of regretting going with ASRock at this point.

Re: Boot Hanging at post code A3 - IDE Enable (ASRock Extreme4 Z68)

Got this same error. It seems to be generally related to the video card. Try re-seating your card.

In my case it was very stupid... I had forgotten to hook up the power directly to my video card.

Comment

Re: Boot Hanging at post code A3 - IDE Enable (ASRock Extreme4 Z68)

Thanks for the reply.

In my case, I had to move the monitor to a different port on the graphics card, at which point I was able to get into the BIOS set up.

For some reason, the BIOS had defaulted the storage mode to IDE. I changed it to AHCI, but the debug code was then showing A6 (SCSI Enable I think). I then tried disabling the Marvell SATA3 controller, which cleared the A6 code. I was then able to boot cleanly and load Windows. I have no plans to utilize the Marvell SATA ports at this time, so all is well for me. If anyone is needing to use the Marvell ports, you may still be able to boot up with A6 code, as I've read elsewhere this worked for someone.

Comment

Working...
      X