• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floppy disc required to update BIOS?

ASRock - BIOS Upgrade Instruction

Above link says to boot from floppy.

Will it work from CD or USB-stick?

Thanks.

Re: Floppy disc required to update BIOS?

why dont you use the windows version? it work within windows, so no need to use floopy or usb,
    for the dos version,it will work with usb, as long you make the usb bootable

Comment

I didn't know you could!

Where are the instructions for that please?

Thanks.

Comment

for the board in my sig,
        Actually for all 3 boards in my sig u can use a usb stick for bios reflash.
        You must have the usb drive the bios download is on set as FAT32.

No I dont know why the board manufacturers need a fat32 source, but its allways recommended to bios update outside of windows if u can.ie after posting to bios but before booting to windows.

nb asrock p67 ex 6 has a floppy connect but no ide,must be for "im never gonna leave xp" fanatics.
        I must see if i can get an old 5 1/4" drive to work on it,"nostalgia aint what it used to be"
        Last edited by kick; 07-14-2011, 03:42 PM.
        Current Systems:

Asrock p67 Extreme6.............. Gigabyte EP-45 UD3 ...................... Gigabyte 73 PVM S2
        Intel i5 2500k 4.8ghz................ Intel Q8400 3.8ghz......................... Intel D820 2.8ghz
        Zalman 10x cooler.................... Coolermaster V8............................ HP cooler
        8GB Gskill ripjaw ddr3.............. 4GB Gskill PI ddr2.......................... 4GB samsung ddr2
        60GB ssd/500GB HDD .............. WD 1TB hdd.................................... Seagate 160GB hdd
        GTX 460 1GB x2 SLI ................. Msi 9600GT 512MB(died) ........... Onboard gx
        Win7 64 ,750w psu(ocz)............ Win7 64 ,520w psu,seasonic...... Win XP pro ,400w psu

HEC 6A34 case . ....................... Jeantec R2 case............................ Packard Bell case

hoping to upgrade to http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/habicase.shtml
        http://www.flixya.com/video/140325/Animal-launching

Comment

1- Without any OS; Instructions inside your motherboard manual.
          2- By DOS program supplied when downloading the bios; Instructions inside the downloaded package.
          3- By Windows program supplied when downloading the bios (if available); Instructions inside the downloaded package.
          4- By "Uniflash" under DOS; Instructions in its readme or help.
          5- By "flashrom" under Linux; Instructions in its manual or help.
          My choise is in this order: 5 4 2 3 1 :-)

Comment

well its depend on the motherboard type

try go here ASRock > Products > Motherboard Series
            and select your motherboard
            go to download and select bios download
            and select which one you want (windows version , instant version or dos version)
            you can view the instructions by clicking the plus sign on the "How to update" column

Originally posted by IBM600J View Post
            I didn't know you could!

Where are the instructions for that please?

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X