New Z68 Extreme4 BIOS (1.60) posted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Z68 Extreme4 BIOS (1.60) posted

New BIOS posted on Asrock website, version 1.60. Description says it relates to RAID but maybe it also includes some modification of the IGP as well. Note that there is a recent update to the Pro3-M BIOS (new version is 1.50) which, from what I gather, increases the default IGPU voltage to 1.25. I am now waiting for a replacement Extreme4 board so I can't test right away but if anyone else is adventurous they might try the new BIOS. I would note, at least, the IGP settings in your old BIOS before upgrading and see if anything has changed. Once I get my replacement board I will test with the new BIOS and report here; assuming no one else does so first.

Re: New Z68 Extreme4 BIOS (1.60) posted

Just noticed this for other asrock boards

H67DE3 1.60 7/11/2011 Modify default setting for IGPU voltage.
    H67M 1.60 7/11/2011 Modify default setting for IGPU voltage.
    H67M-GE 1.60 7/11/2011 Modify default setting for IGPU voltage.
    H67M-GE/HT 1.60 7/11/2011 Modify default setting for IGPU voltage.

So maybe they now know theres not enough voltage for the IGPU.

Comment

BTW, please forgive my silly question.

What is the default IGPU voltage in old bios version? Where can I see this?

Comment

Originally posted by dolpli View Post
        BTW, please forgive my silly question.

What is the default IGPU voltage in old bios version? Where can I see this?
        The BIOS has a bias adjustment to the IGPU voltage, not an absolute number. It's in the OC Tweaker section, but you have to scroll down a bit to see it.

Comment

@uszkanni

many thx for your info. BTW, I would like to know the absolute voltage of IGPU in the old bios version to see the new bios (to be 1.25V) increases the voltage by how much.

Well, it is my first time to use Asrock MB (got one z68 pro-M & one z68 extreme4 in a month). I am confused by the lack of change log for BIOS version updated in Asrock Website. It would have been better if there is a detailed change log.

Comment

Originally posted by dolpli View Post
            @uszkanni

many thx for your info. BTW, I would like to know the absolute voltage of IGPU in the old bios version to see the new bios (to be 1.25V) increases the voltage by how much.

Well, it is my first time to use Asrock MB (got one z68 pro-M & one z68 extreme4 in a month). I am confused by the lack of change log for BIOS version updated in Asrock Website. It would have been better if there is a detailed change log.
            Agreed. They could explain in more detail what the BIOS does. That being said, I am so far pleased with the Z68 Extreme 4 MB

Comment

Working...
            X