Z68 Extreme4: Your UEFI CPU Temps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z68 Extreme4: Your UEFI CPU Temps?

Last edited by extremsparen; 07-30-2011, 10:47 PM.

Re: Z68 Extreme4: Your UEFI CPU Temps?

based on the response its normal the temperature keep increasing in the uefi
    my idle temp in uefi is, cpu 42C and mb 38c, the room temperature does a bit hot though
    using stock cooler, no oc, i5 2500k

Comment

at idle(like right now) air temp approx 20C

cpu 32C
      Mbrd 30C.

Memory stick 1 (closest to cpu) 38.4C
      Memory stick 2 40.4C

seperate temp sensors for the memory.

Yes the cpu gets up to full uefi temp in about 15 sec. and that would be about 34C for me.

Nothing wrong in that as such as long as your cooling is efficient.

Normal os temps are lower cos the cpu clocks down to x 16.

I have limited my overclock to
      x48 on a 100.5 base clock because core temps exceed 80C above that for me under test and because of fan noise.
      Current Systems:

Asrock p67 Extreme6.............. Gigabyte EP-45 UD3 ...................... Gigabyte 73 PVM S2
      Intel i5 2500k 4.8ghz................ Intel Q8400 3.8ghz......................... Intel D820 2.8ghz
      Zalman 10x cooler.................... Coolermaster V8............................ HP cooler
      8GB Gskill ripjaw ddr3.............. 4GB Gskill PI ddr2.......................... 4GB samsung ddr2
      60GB ssd/500GB HDD .............. WD 1TB hdd.................................... Seagate 160GB hdd
      GTX 460 1GB x2 SLI ................. Msi 9600GT 512MB(died) ........... Onboard gx
      Win7 64 ,750w psu(ocz)............ Win7 64 ,520w psu,seasonic...... Win XP pro ,400w psu

HEC 6A34 case . ....................... Jeantec R2 case............................ Packard Bell case

hoping to upgrade to http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/habicase.shtml
      http://www.flixya.com/video/140325/Animal-launching

Comment

Thank you guys,

good to know that I'm not the only one with these temperatures. I didn't know that the cpu reaches the target temperature so fast. Which core temp shouldn' be exceeded under full load (like prime, benchmarks etc.)?

Comment

Dear extremsparen,

Due to CPU is working at full speed under BIOS, CPU temperature under BIOS is more than the temperature under OS.

And the CPU temperature will increase more if you spend more time to browse the BIOS setup.
          It is a normal behaviar.

Thanks!

Have a nice day
          ASRock TSD Emily

Comment

@emily
            Thank you for your answer. Please could you tell me, which core temp shouldn' be exceeded under full load (like prime, benchmarks etc.) and what's the recommend temperature limit (called target temperature in BIOS) for increasing the fan velocity?
            Thank you in advance!

Comment

according to the asrock team .. when i asked about a similar issue .. in the bios, apparently the CPU goes hard and despite the fact it is doing nothing it doesnt idle, it goes into full load. therefore you will get stupid temps in the bios :|

hope i was some kind of help

Comment

Dear extremsparen,

You can adjust CPU Fan 1 & 2 Setting to [Automatic Mode].

According to your need, you can adjust "Target CPU temperature" by yourself.
                Then adjust "Target Fan Speed". To slow down the fan, please set the proper value of Target Speed, there are levels for you to choose.

If your CPU temperature is more than "target CPU temperature" which you set, CPU fan speed will increase automatically.

Thanks!

Have a nice day
                ASRock TSD Emily

Comment

In regard to the core temps
                  Ive been running at 5ghz with core temps peaking at 85C without throttling back to lower speeds, under the tests u mention.I havent done it for long and I need up to 1.52v.
                  I dont know what the recommended max temp total for individual cores is but like a lot of intel cpu's and some chipsets the max temp is 100C.

At what point will thermal protection cut in and throttle back the cpu? ,I dont know and Im not going to push it to see,probably 90C peaks.

Max temp u can set the cpu controlled fans at is 65C after that the fans will increase to full speed if you have them set below full speed in normal use.

Full fan speed cuts in for me at about 70C.

For me best I can get atm without full blast noisy fans in regular use and temps below 80C in full test runs is 4.8ghz approx. 100.5x48.

For a recommended temp for cpu controlled fans..hard to say for sure depends on your setup.

If I was running at 5ghz i would probably needmy cpu fans at lvl6-7 normally and full speed temp at about 60
                  my chassis 1 fan at say 6 and temp at 65.mainly cos the chassis 1 is the noisiest.

for 4.8 I use lvl 5 on the cpu fans and full speed start temp of 50C,and for chassis 1 fan ,lvl 3 and full speed start temp of 55C.

I rarely hear the fans cutting to a higher speed under normal use.and then only generally if the gx card fan has also spun up (more temp inside the pc case etc)
                  Under full cpu/mem/gx testing they do of course spin up to full fairly fast.
                  Last edited by kick; 08-01-2011, 12:38 PM.
                  Current Systems:

Asrock p67 Extreme6.............. Gigabyte EP-45 UD3 ...................... Gigabyte 73 PVM S2
                  Intel i5 2500k 4.8ghz................ Intel Q8400 3.8ghz......................... Intel D820 2.8ghz
                  Zalman 10x cooler.................... Coolermaster V8............................ HP cooler
                  8GB Gskill ripjaw ddr3.............. 4GB Gskill PI ddr2.......................... 4GB samsung ddr2
                  60GB ssd/500GB HDD .............. WD 1TB hdd.................................... Seagate 160GB hdd
                  GTX 460 1GB x2 SLI ................. Msi 9600GT 512MB(died) ........... Onboard gx
                  Win7 64 ,750w psu(ocz)............ Win7 64 ,520w psu,seasonic...... Win XP pro ,400w psu

HEC 6A34 case . ....................... Jeantec R2 case............................ Packard Bell case

hoping to upgrade to http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/habicase.shtml
                  http://www.flixya.com/video/140325/Animal-launching

Comment

Working...
                  X