P67 Extreme4 Loose ATX Power Connector

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P67 Extreme4 Loose ATX Power Connector

I recently purchased a P67 Extreme4 B3 and just finished installing it. It appears to run well with only one problem. The ATX power connection is a bit dodgy. I need to push the connector away from the center of the board in order for it to boot and have power. I don't need to push very hard and can get it to rest in an on state if I try. If I wiggle it even a little while it is running it will turn off.

I do not think it is the power supply cable as I can manipulate it with the connector on the motherboard rather than the cable. I have no taken the machine apart to look at the connections on the back.

Are there any tips on what I can do to diagnose and fix the issue? I'd prefer not to RMA it because it seems functional besides the connector.

Re: P67 Extreme4 Loose ATX Power Connector

Scratch that. I just tried a different power supply 'just in case' and it works fine with it

I'll take apart the ATX connector of my new Professional Series and see which is the offending wire... this is a problem I can fix.

Sorry for the clutter thread!

Comment

Re: P67 Extreme4 Loose ATX Power Connector

I found the problem, an expanded pin in the ATX Connector. Guess which one it was? The green one I shoved a paper clip in to test some stuff. I fixed it by bending it inward.

Lesson learned? Don't use big paper clips.

Comment

Working...
      X