Updating the BIOS stuck during update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updating the BIOS stuck during update

I'm doing this off another computer, but I have an ASrock N61P-S motherboard and I recently bought a CPU that requires an upgrade of the BIOS before it is compatible (I'm currently on 1.20 and it needs 1.60).

Following these instructions:ASRock > Products > Motherboard > N61P-S > Download and using the bootable disk option.

Instead of using a bootable floppy disk, I used a DVD which may have been a big mistake I have no idea.

Right now, it's awaiting a command line after loading something up (maybe AFUDOS.exe?) and I'm told I'm supposed to enter
    A:\AFUDOS [BIOS file name]

I think the BIOS file name is N61PS1.60, but if I enter this in, it just comes up with command line incorrect, file name not recognised.

Is this because I'm booting from a DVD drive? Does it need to be at the D:\ prompt? If it does, how do I get there?

I do have a floppy drive, so if I create a bootable floppy with the files on and enter it in, will that work? Please help, I don't want a dead motherboard with an expensive repair/replacement.

Thank you!

Re: Updating the BIOS stuck during update

To anyone that spent their time thinking of a solution, thank you, I've worked it out myself (it was really simple)

I just typed D: to take me to the D drive and launched it from there (I thought it might be that but had no idea how to get there)

Comment

Working...
    X