Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP! Asus P4T533-C!!!

Hi...

I'm trying to put together a system with the Asus P4T533-C, 1GIG PC800 Rambus, and P4 2.4Ghz processor, and I can't get the system to work...not even load BIOS.

I'm thinking it's my graphics card, but I can't be sure...It's a Matrox G550. Anyone have any suggestions to what might be the problem?
    The system powers up...but just no BIOS sound or display on the monitor.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Chris

Is the G550 a 1.5V card cos i think only 1.5V cards will work on all the new Intel chipset boards.

Comment

Hi...

I'm not sure...

Here is a spec sheet link to the Matrox website.

If this one isn't support, what would be a good video card from still photo editing?

Chris

Comment

I tried to download the manual for your board, but couldn't get it from Asus site this morning. The graphics card should be compatable, what makes you lean toward this being the problem?
        Is the cpu fan plugged into the correct header on the mobo, so the mobo knows that it is spinning?
        Are your ram sticks in the correct slots?
        Are all of the dip switches properly set?
        Is the "clear CMOS" jumper in the "normal" position?
        Is the extra P4 power connector hooked up? P/s voltage switch in correct position? Does the p/s have an on/off switch, and is it on?
        If it is none of these, perhaps you could be more specific about what happens when you hit the start button i.e. fans spin, mobo leds light, keyboard lights, etc..

Comment

Well...I'm thinking it's the video card because the CPU and case fan are running...but I'm not getting and BIOS "beeps"..(got the buzzer/speaker) plugged in. But nothing come on my monitor when booting up.

Just a few minutes ago...I tried taking everything off the board and starting fresh. The place I bought it from tested the board before I took it home and also installed the P4 processor. So, I'm sure it's not the board.

The ram is in slot A1 and B1...with blanks in A2 & B2. Just as the manual insturcts...I've got 512mb in each so...1024 mb total.

P/S voltage is set at 115 and it's on...the lights on board and case are lit. And when the keyboard is plugged in...I can light up my cap lock, num locks leds.

I really don't know...any other suggestions? Would pictures help...I could take pictures.

Chris

Comment

Here is a picture....

Let me know if that helps...

Comment

Im not too sure about RDRAM boards but dont the empty slots have to be filled with CRIMMS??

Comment

I also see that u have both the special P4 plug and also a normal HDD power plug in the motherboard. Asus does that so u can use one or the other but not both is it?? :confused:

Comment

I'm not sure...there wasn't clean instructions in the booklet. Well...I tried just using the regular HDD plug...and it still does the same thing...power up, but nothing on the monitor...

Thanks for the suggestion!

Any other ideas???

Chris

Comment

Here is the spec sheet for the motherboard from Asus. I hope it helps....

How the memory...would that cause the machine to not even go into BIOS mode...I'm using (2) 512mb PC800 RAMBUS (Simple Tech) from my Dell Dimension 8100...should work, right?

Thanks for the help guys!

Chris

Comment

Does the monitor at least display a "no signal" message? Will hitting the cont-alt-delete keys start the boot sequence over (lights on the kb,mb, would tell)?
                      I finally managed to download the manual. Page 21 says that if the vid card is 3.3v, a red led comes on (item #30 on page 5). It also says not to install the card with power to the box.(I knew that the pci bus could be live with the machine turned off, but I didn't know about agp!)
                      Page 37 mentions that if the jumper is not on the pins for the chassis intrusion, it won't boot. Check to make sure this jumper didn't come off during assy.
                      The only other thing I can think of now is to enable the vocal POST messages. They may provide more info.

Comment

Hmmm Asus boards seem to all have a million jumpers and switches.
                        Do you have the frequency for the FSB and multiplier set right or is it in jumper free mode?

Comment

I did a search on Simple Tech's site. Interestingly, using their memory selector and looking up the Dell Dimension 8100, it suggests their STD9405/512 parts. Looking up your mobo, it says to use RB800X16-512 parts. Maybe the ram is not compatable with the mobo.

Comment

I thought Rambus HAD to be used in pairs? Or am I wrong?

Comment

Yup...it's setup in a pair. I've got (2) 512mb PC800 modules set up in slots A1 and B1 with the blanks in A2 & B2.

I don't think it's the configuration, but possible the RAM itself. I got some modules from my office, and I'm going to give it a try when I get home.

Thanks...

Chris

Comment

Working...
                              X