video card dead??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• video card dead??

i see lines..lots of lines, even after switching monitors...my 3 year old vanta is dieing...

that sucks lines on the screen I would tin kthat would be the monitor dieing or someting but you said that you siwtched three times. No config issues right?

What video card you gonna get next after this one falls toward the shadows?

Comment

ya, well, i switched it onto a 14" @ 800x600 but still got these lines. funny thing though, when i play sc or anything, no lines..is it the ramdac screwed up?

Comment

well yes and no becuase last I heard the ramdac was used for games. right?

but then again games usually run at 60Hz. What Hz level do you have your desktop set to? Maybe the card is weakening or the MONITOR (S) are weakening and can't handle that refresh rate anymore. Cause I have an old 14"er and I get lines when I put the refresh rate up to high. But this monitor is so old that it doesn't give me the floating box saying "out of sync"

Comment

It's about time for you to retire that Vanta anyway. :rolleyes2

Comment

hmmm, sc runs at 640x480 @ 75hz but when in windows, it screws around =\, ya i should get a new card..lol

oh yeah, 800x600 @ 60hz still lines.

Comment

*looks at Antec PP 1080B AMG case, 128MB Leadtek GF4 Ti4200 VIVO and other parts while waiting on CPU, memory and motherboard to turn up*
              <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

lol, wanna donate =)

Comment

Working...
                X