No announcement yet.

Asrock Extreme4 (Z68)... will it support Ivybridge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asrock Extreme4 (Z68)... will it support Ivybridge?

Just as the question is listed... will there be a bios update that allows this board to support Ivybridge?

I did a search and didnt find anything... Its obviously not in the Support list yet or in the bios notes (unless I missed it).

Thanks in advance!

Re: Asrock Extreme4 (Z68)... will it support Ivybridge?

Z68 is supposed to be able to support Ivy Bridge, I guess it's up to Asrock to implement a BIOS update.

Andi.
    Intel Core i7 3770K, Asrock Z68 Extreme 7 Gen 3, 16GB Corsair Vengence, OCZ Agility 3 360GB SSD, Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB, 2 x GTX680 SLI. 2 x DVDRW.
    Win 7 SP1. Logitech Z5450, Corsair H60, Zalman Level 10 GT Case.

Comment

This I know. Im looking for a confirmation that it will happen.

Comment

AnandTech - Intel's Ivy Bridge Architecture Exposed

Comment

Thought i'd bump this thread instead of starting my own?

asrock released an update for H61 boards, where is our update considering we brought their "high-end" boards? asus and gigabyte have updated theres

Lincredible! Miracles Do Happen! ASRock First Brings Intel Rapid Start, Smart Connect Technologies To H61 Motherboard Series!

Comment

Well ASRock is starting to release updated bios for their h61 motherboards that support ivybridge, just check their site under latest bios downloads. If they update this inferior mobo to support ivybridge but not their z68 boards Im going to be seriously disapointed. ASRock has made no mention if they will update their other LGA 1155 boards to support ivy but with the chip right around the corner at least a confirmation would be nice. IMO ASRock has done a terrible job keeping updated drivers/utilities/etc. on their site. I now have to go directly to the different manufacturers websites to download my drivers. (realtek, asmedia, intel, etc.) All the drivers on their site are from 2011 and my specific mobo (z68 professional gen3) hasnt seen a bios update since 8/19/2011

WTF ASRock...c'mon guys

edit* Finners, you beat me to it :)
            Last edited by mike84; 04-14-2012, 06:08 PM.

Comment

Who cares about Ivy?
              They OCing worse on air than SB.

I am also pretty sure that you complaining without reason as you will never move from Sandy to Ivy.
              If someone has 2500K or 2600K/2700K moving to 3570K or 3770K makes no sens to me.

P.S. new UEFI for P67/Z68 with IVy Bridge support are being evaluated and will be released soon.
              Last edited by radier; 04-15-2012, 11:33 PM.

Comment

Is there a chance that Z68 boards like my E4G3 will also support Lucid Virtu MVP in the future ? I know it's a license thing but MVP 2.1.110.20705 worked for me for 30 days without problems.

link

"There is also an issue of licensing. Lucid MVP is a licensed bit of software, requiring motherboard manufacturers to write specific BIOS code in order for it to work. This obviously costs some money to the motherboard manufacturers as well. Some motherboard manufacturers will be licensing it for their back catalogue of hardware (H61, H67), whereas some will focus only from Z77/H77 onwards. There is a possibility that we will see SKUs that do not have it, either through design or as a sales decision. Despite this, Lucid expects Virtu MVP to be enabled on 100 different Z77/H77 motherboards, and up to 10 million motherboards shipped in the next twelve months."

I don't believe in "specific BIOS code" because it simply worked for me, it's rather motherboards list code embedded in software license.

Any official info from Asrock ? I will not buy new Z77 board just few months after buying of my supposed-to-be-future-prove Z68 E4G3 !

Comment

Lucid Virtu MVP is just marketing bla bla bla.

Comment

Originally posted by radier View Post
                    Who cares about Ivy?
                    They OCing worse on air than SB.

I am also pretty sure that you complaining without reason as you will never move from Sandy to Ivy.
                    If someone has 2500K or 2600K2700K moving to 3570K or 3770K makes no sens to me.

P.S. new UEFI for P67/Z68 with IVy Bridge support are being evaluated and will be released soon.

Source that new bios are being evaluated and released soon?

Comment

ASRock insider.

Comment

I'm a H67 user and maybe get IVB in a day or two. Official launch is scheduled for next week. There is no official confirmation for when and if there is IVB support planned for H67 Boards. This is really disappointing. The lack of information is terrible. Maybe it was a mistake to choose Asrock instead Gigabyte last year. With the Gigabyte Board I would be able to play with IVB in 1-2 days.

Comment

Until official launch of IB you have no rights to complain on ASRock.

Comment

Official launch announcement with reviews is scheduled for next monday. So you are saying I get a Bios on launch day next monday?

Comment

Sounds resonable for me

Another thing about which you have to remember is that you can not revert back to old UEFI after flashing new one with Ivy support. It's because of Intel ME Firmware upgrade during that process from version 7 to 8 which is required by IB CPU.

Comment

Working...
                              X