asrock z68 extreme 7 pci slots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• asrock z68 extreme 7 pci slots

i just purchased a z68 etxtreme 7. thank you , no applaud neccessary, my only problem is that the onboard vga seems to be the only vga working....i have three 480's im dying to hook up but none of the slots seem to work..have i missed something in the setup process?....is there a setting in the bios i need to tweak?...why doesnt it work right out of the box? or should it and i have a faulty motherboard?

Re: asrock z68 extreme 7 pci slots

I have the same problem with just 2 way SLI. If I stick just one card in it will work on lane 2 ONLY. but as soon as I put 2 cards in I get only the onboard VGA. I have yet to get a response from three different websites, its actually pretty irritating.

I RMA'd mine through newegg and my new one is coming in tomorrow so im hoping its just a faulty motherboard but if not then thats good too so i dont have to change it out. an answer from someone would be nice though.

Comment

Dear all,

If you want to use two way SLI, please kindly install your VGA card to PCIE1 and PCIE4 slots.
      Please refer to below link for user manual page 24.
      Link: http://download.asrock.com/manual/Z6...me7%20Gen3.pdf

Thanks!

Have a nice day
      ASRock TSD
      Emily

Comment

I am sorry I did not specify in this post. I have my two cards in lanes 1 and 4. That is when they do not show any video or show up in device manager. Unable to load drivers as well.

Originally posted by ASRock TSD - Emily View Post
        Dear all,

If you want to use two way SLI, please kindly install your VGA card to PCIE1 and PCIE4 slots.
        Please refer to below link for user manual page 24.
        Link: http://download.asrock.com/manual/Z68 Extreme7 Gen3.pdf

Thanks!

Have a nice day
        ASRock TSD
        Emily

Comment

I have a similar problem.

I purchased my AsRock Z68 Extreme 7 Gen 3 on Thursday 29th September.

Since then I have been trying in vain to get Crossfire working (2x Radeon 6870s) as it was doing brilliantly on my previous M/B.

I am able to use each card by itself in any one of the PCIe 16x Slots. However, if I put one card in the PCIe 1 slot and the other card in the PCIe 4 slot, connect them up to the power, connect the additional molex power and connect the bridge etc, after the 'Starting Windows' screen displays, the monitor goes black and shortly after receives no signal from the card. Perhaps a minute after this happens, the system reboots and we go through the same process again and again.

Obviously there is nothing wrong with the slots or the cards as they both work fine independently.

Did your replacement motherboard resolve your problem at all or is this another, perhaps UEFI issue?

Emily, I would be grateful if you could also give me some insight into this issue.

Cheers

Comment

My first RMA did solve that problem but that one came with a new problem... dr. debug was dropping an error code 45 which is some kind of memory controller problem... I got a 2nd RMA and so far has been 100% fine.

Comment

Thanks for that Pr3dict - guess it is time for my third motherboard in a week

Comment

Working...
              X