Overclocking not showing in other programs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overclocking not showing in other programs

Greetings, I've had my ASrock P67 Extreme4 mother board for a few months now running the intel i5 2500K. I have adjusted the CPU multiplier to x37 in both the Bios and in the the ASRock Tuning Utility and they both show my PC at 3700Mhz. But I've been running some benchmarks and every program I'm using (outside of the Bios or ASRock Tuning Utility) shows it's running at the stock 3.29mhz (Passmark, HD Tunepro, MS System utility). I'm not quite sure what I am doing wrong. Any help would be appreciated.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Desktop.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	154.4 KB
ID:	755965

Re: Overclocking not showing in other programs

I like to use PC Wizard or Speccy to check if it is actually running the proper speed.

I run a ASRock 770DE+ motherboard and windows 7. I have my Phenom II X4 965BE overclocked from 3.4 to 3.842 but windows seven reads it as still 3.4Ghz. Using one of the programs i mentioned will show you the true speed that it is running. Just make sure that you set them to monitor in real time. Both are freeware programs but durring the install it will ask if you want to install other programs so pay attention for this.

Also you may try doing benchmarks. Benchmarks are the true measurement of performance. Run 5 runs with stock clocks and average them out. Then run 5 runs at your overclocked speed and average them out and compare. This will give you visual data to see if you get more performance.

CPUID - System & hardware benchmark, monitoring, reporting for PC Wizard
    Speccy - System Information - Free Download for speccy

hope this helps

bgunner

Comment

Re: Overclocking not showing in other programs

Hey Bgunner, thanks for the advice. I downloaded the PC wizard and it is also showing that my system is running at the stock 3300mhz (enabled real time monitoring) and says the multiplier is 16. I'm wondering if the Bios is conflicting with the ASRock Tuning Utility in some way?

Comment

Working...
      X