Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audio problem; ASRock Z68 EXTREME4Gen 3 5.1155.Z68,ATX

Hello

I have problem with audio distortion from any audio source if I at the same time connect the line input to an external source without signal. There is no distortion when the line input is disconnected.
    The microphone input works without problem.

I have built a computer using the ASRock EXTREM4 Gen 3 5.1155 Z68, ATX mother board and Intel Core i7 2600K.
    I have no sound card.
    The audio output is connected to an active loudspeaker. The audio quality is very good as long as I do not connect anything to the line input. As soon as I connect the line input to any line output on external sources ( e.g mic. Amplifier) , the audio quality get destroyed and I get a terrible audio distortion.
    Note, that there is no signal on the line input interface, it is enough just to connect to en external unit.
    I get the same result if I connect a stereo input mini phone plug to the line input and just short cut one of the input signal lines to ground (Sheeld). The output audio from a CD or internet get avily distorted.
    I have tried to activate the offset function in the Audio setup with no success.
    I do not think it is a problem with the audio driver as there is no signal on the line input to interfare with the audio.
    Do I have a faulty motherboard? I have problem with audio distortion from any audio source if I at the same time connect the line input to an external source without signal. There is no distortion when the line input is disconnected.
    The microphone input works without problem.

I have built a computer using the ASRock EXTREM4 Gen 3 5.1155 Z68, ATX mother board and Intel Core i7 2600K.
    I have no sound card.
    The audio output is connected to an active loudspeaker. The audio quality is very good as long as I do not connect anything to the line input. As soon as I connect the line input to any line output on external sources ( e.g mic. Amplifier) , the audio quality get destroyed and I get a terrible audio distortion.
    Note, that there is no signal on the line input interface, it is enough just to connect to en external unit.
    I get the same result if I connect a stereo input mini phone plug to the line input and just short cut one of the input signal lines to ground (Sheeld). The output audio from a CD or internet get avily distorted.
    I have tried to activate the offset function in the Audio setup with no success.
    I do not think it is a problem with the audio driver as there is no signal on the line input to interfare with the audio.

Do I have a faulty motherboard?
Working...
X