Error code 45

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error code 45

This is my first build in about 20 years, so pls forgive me if it is too obvious. I am building an extreme7 gen 3, with a core i5 2500K. The system isnt booting fully, and Dr. Debug is displaying an error code 45. The manual says this is an OEM post memory initialization code. What is wrong and how do I fix it?
    Thanks for your help.
    Bruce

Re: Error code 45

Hi,

See this thread:

From what I've seen posted here and elsewhere on other sites, the A1 and A2 RAM slots are often bad on this board for some reason. I'm hoping someone may have found a way to correct the problem without needing to return the motherboard, but it may be a manufacturing defect.

-A

Comment

Well, I thought that was gonna fix it. It actually, did ... for awhile. I had the memory sticks in slots 1/3, so I took out the 2nd stick and put the 1st one in slot 2. Then I got error message A3 (IDE enabled). I then switched the sticks around to different slots, getting the 45 errorcode. Now slot 2 also comes up with 45... :-(

Comment

Error code A3 isn't necessarily a problem. That means its trying to find your boot drive, which could mean either your drive doesn't have an O/S installed on it (sounds like probably the case for you, if this is a completely brand new build), or this is the first boot up, and the board is expecting you to go into the BIOS and is sitting at a prompt asking you if that's what you'd like to do (if you don't see that on a connected monitor, you may want to try to different video port).

But unfortunately, I haven't seen a solution for the 45 code that didn't involve returning the board, or using just 1 or 2 sticks of RAM in the good slots.

Comment

Thank you, Agama, for your help. I retested the post procedure, with the memory sticks in diff configurations. It boots fine with 1 stick (either one) in position one. It will not boot with two sticks (either way) in slots 1&3. I confirmed this with Asrock tech support, and you were right - defective board. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
          X