X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stability Problems

HELP :cry:
    I have a PC with stability problems.

It tends to reboot suddenly after ca 20 minutes or less of running a DivX movie, Winamp/ idle causes OS to freeze OR reboot after ca 10 minutes.

Current CFG:
    Intel PIII 900 Mhz
    Octek Rhino VA694T-ACP
    512 mb Sd-ram
    1x 20 G and a 10 G HDD,
    Plexwriter PX241040, noname 52X Cd drive.
    Geforce 2 GTS 32Mb
    Panstar 250W PSU

Could it be that I dont have enough power from the PSU to run all this, given the state that, at POST, my drives etc. sounds like they dont get enough power.
    :?:

I think that you may have answered your own question there as I think that 250w w/ 4 drives and a GF2 GTS (these cards alone without all the drives were enough to tip some PSU's over the edge) is a good place to start. ;)

But then again just check your memory timings just in case that maybe the prob with settings to aggressive. Oh, and btw, how do you have your drives arranged on your IDE channels? :?:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Another question is when did the problem start? What was the last thing you added or changed before the problems started? I do agree with Wiggo, the power supply is quite likely the culprit considering the amount of hardware that is sucking juice. Should you decide to replace it, go with a name brand(Enermax,Antec,etc.) in the 350w-450w range.

Comment

Working...
      X