ex58-ud5 boot issue overclock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ex58-ud5 boot issue overclock

ok my problem is after i do some overclocking on this mobo i gget the cold boot issue

power off power on power off power on then i check bios and it says overclock problem and resets my setings i put my setings back to my overclock thats tested in prime95 occt and linx stable press f10 and boots to windows and runs perfect

the problem is every time i shut down and press the power buton it starts the boot cycle loop and then i hav to re do all the bios setings again

i hav the f12 bios also did alt + f12 to update the second bios

i also hav an identical ex58-ud i7 setup runing identical setup and this setup dosent do the reboot cycle with the same kind of overclock

i understand that each system is difrent and requires a difrent overclock

on the mobo with the problem u go in bios set the setings press f10 the hit enter the system fully powers down then starts then powers down then starts and boots to windows with the overclock

the second system runing the same bios f12 i go in set the settings hit f15 then enter the computer restarts but it dosent power down or do this boot cycle that the problamatic board is doin

i thort it could be my psu so today i removed both boards and installed the mobo thats runing fine into my problem rig and its still runing perfect on that psu

so this leads me to belive its a mobo problem

i hav tri channel ocz 2000mhz ram and a set of corsair xms 1600 mhz ram tested both and still the same problems

the only difrence betwen both of these mobo is the pce-e 8x slot on the problem board its orange and on the mobo thats fine its blue both boards are revision 1.0

i contacted gigabyte was told its bios setings this is complete fubaaarr also contacted overclocker.co.uk and was told it carnt be RMA if its working corect under default setings

i duno were i stand on this but im 100% sure its a faulty mobo

rig info

i7 920 D0
    ex58-ud5
    corsair hx 1000w
    ddr 3 tri 2000mhz ocz/1600mhz corsair (obv not runing at the same time)
    2x 6870 crossfire
    corsair h100 cpu cooler

the systems are 100% stable in windows

please any advice or help would be fantastic

Re: ex58-ud5 boot issue overclock

Are you setting the ram speed/timings/voltages manually and not auto? What qpi/vtt voltages you using on both mb's? Cold boot issue is usually ram or voltage related
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

after a bit more testing it seems its me and not the mobo atm it still has a weird boot cycle unlike my other ud5 but it isent reseting my bios now

even tho i was super stable in windows it seems my timings were to blame i had them to tight 7-7-7-20 t1 changed to 8-8-8-24 t1 and seems to be saving my setings now

if i continue to hav problems after a overnight power off i will update and give the full details of my settings but i hav been working on this for weeks and also googled every bios seting indavudally to make sure everything was correct

just strange ones in windows im stable at tight timiings yet it causes a problem from power down boot

Comment

well my sucess was premature :(
        powerd down went for a walk pressed the power button and then the same 3 cycle boot sequence hit del to get in bios and it had failed

it rly is beyond me works perfect in windows and on all the stabilty tests
        then im plagued with this
        is ther any setings i should try at default ?
        to test if its the mobo thats at fault ?
        i also swoped the battry with the one on my other mobo that works fine

Comment

What qpi/vtt voltage are you using? Even if its 100% stable when warm it will be a different story when cold,I would manually set dram voltage to either 1.5 or 1.6v and raise qpi/vtt voltage a little at a time and retest,you can use upto 1.4v

Each internal memory controller built into the CPU will be different in needing more or less qpi/vtt voltage,hence identical components yet ones stable and ones not when cold
          Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
          Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
          Razer Lycosa Keyboard
          Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!

Comment

1.35v qpi

btw its not wen its cold its if i power off the system and press the power button again 30 seconds after i will start the cycle again and reset i hav another ud5 and it works perfect dont see why this one is playing up

even if i install all my hardware from my other ud5 to thsi mobo its still acting up

Comment

Have you swapped cpu's? Could try 1.36v qpi/vtt just to see if it improves,other than that it can only be slight fault with that mb or an incompatibility issue somewhere

Can try leaving mb battery out overnight and then loading optimized defaults in the BIOS and re enter your BIOS settings

Can try reflashing current BIOS but untick "keep dmi pool data" just before flashing
              See if any of those things help
              Razer Lycosa Keyboard
              Fractal Arc Midi Case

Comment

Re:SOLVED ex58-ud5 boot issue overclock

SOLVED

thanks for taking your time to respond

im super noob and expected more of my 1600mhz ram the issue was 210x21 = 4.4 = 1680 overclocking the ram to much and causing it to be unstable 200X21 = 4.2 @ 1600 runing perfect now

so yes im a super noob and wasted every ones time including my own

school boy error
                Last edited by kilner; 10-17-2011, 04:33 PM. Reason: NOOB

Comment

ahh well atleast you found out what it was,it will run at 1680 though with a bump in qpi voltage,i should have asked you to post your full bios settings but nvm
                  Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                  Fractal Arc Midi Case

Comment

just dosent want to boot properly at anything over 1600mhz

i can get 2000mhz to boot but i need 1.5v qpi

atm im trying my ocz 2000mhz ram its at 1720 but i can tell that its not goin to be stable and save in the bios

if i hit f10 and save my bios and hit enter if it powers off completely i kno then its goin to fail the boot sequence the next time i shut down and reboot

if im at 1600mhz and i save setings the computer dosent power off its just restarts and runs fine and i no the next time i reboot it not goin to hit this boot cycle problem

im at 1.41 qpi and its still dion the bios boot problem hangs on C1 lED code on the mobo display

thanks

Comment

its not worth running at 2000mhz imo, 1800-1866mhz is about the best,mine runs at 1800mhz fine on 8-8-8-24 timings but doesnt oc much higher

are you setting uncore freq to twice what your memory multiplier is? it might help so say 8x mem multi will be 16x uncore freq and so on,you could try one or two clicks qpi pll,it might help you lower qpi/vtt voltage or not use so much
                      Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                      Fractal Arc Midi Case

Comment

Originally posted by wazza300 View Post
                        its not worth running at 2000mhz imo, 1800-1866mhz is about the best,mine runs at 1800mhz fine on 8-8-8-24 timings but doesnt oc much higher

are you setting uncore freq to twice what your memory multiplier is? it might help so say 8x mem multi will be 16x uncore freq and so on,you could try one or two clicks qpi pll,it might help you lower qpi/vtt voltage or not use so much

yes im seting it to 8x16

btw im at 4.5 ghz ht disabled this is the resson i need so much qpi and vcore

now my problem is that anything over 1600 it dosent want to reboot but will run stable in windows

goin to do a bit more testin wil lreport back

Comment

ok booted up my 2nd ud5 rig put that 1600 mhz ram in and its running 1680 mhz and no problem with the bios but in the other ud5 it just does the weird boot cycle and then resets setings

i carnt understand this

btw i hav crossfire on my other rig with the boot issue

i hav read that thsi can cause instabilty is ther anything i need to do with the pci-e frequency or anything as im at such a high overclock ?

its set at 100 atm i read 105 is max

just dont understand why one motherboard performes fine and the other is weird

if im not stable with this mobo it just dosent post

the other board if im not stable it will boot to windows run fine be on the reboot it will fail

any ideas ?

the other dosent even want to save setings at over 1600mhz ram

Comment

booted at 4.5 with 1720 mhz on the ram this is the 1600 stuff that i had in my other ud5

im convinced ther somthing wrong with the other board

wazza can you please tell me the colour of your botom pce-e x8 socket ? my mobo that works perfect is blue the one that seems faulty is orange

thanks again

Comment

if your running xfire one or two clicks more iho and ich core voltage might help,my pci slot is orange,i dont think its the board id say its memory controller not as good as the one in the other cpu

btw i can boot up at 4.5ghz but no way i can stress test on air,im at my max oc any higher and ill have to use water, i do know that theres abclk wall on the first ud5 mb that was fixed on the ud5a
                              Last edited by wazza300; 10-17-2011, 07:35 PM.
                              Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                              Fractal Arc Midi Case

Comment

Working...
                              X