Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I wish ASRock offer the support list of Mouse and Keyboard.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wish ASRock offer the support list of Mouse and Keyboard.

Hello,
    I am this close in buying ASRock Fatal1ty Z68 Professional Gen3 but then I read the MOBO doesn't support certain usb mouse or keyboard especially when using UEFI. I have an expensive logitech G19 keyboard and G9 series mouse both are usb. Even though they are a couple of years old, they are still in excellent condition and I wouldn't want to replace them just to get the motherboard. I have read in some forums suggesting ASRock have fixed this problem. I wrote to Asrock support and they haven't responded. Is there any ASRock motherboard that is close to the Fata1ty I can get instead? I'm not sure if my set up will make any difference but so far I have i7-2600k, 4x4 1600 gskill rams, sapphire HD6950, Windows 7 ultimate, PSU Cosair HX850. Thanks in advance for your help.

Re: I wish ASRock offer the support list of Mouse and Keyboard.

My G510 doesn't work since 1.30 firmware. 1.20 worked fine with the G510. Same issue with newer firmwares on my old 890GX R2.0
    My Rig
    CPU: Phenom II X4 955BE @ 4GHz
    RAD: Corsair H60 [2x Gentle Typhoon AP-15]
    MB: ASRock 990FX Fatal1ty Professional
    RAM: 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 1600MHz
    GPU: MSI GTX 560 Ti Twin Frozr II OC
    SND: Asus Xonar Essence STX
    SSD: Cosair Force 3 60GB
    HDD: Samsung F3 1TB
    PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W ST60F-P
    CASE: CoolerMaster Storm Scout

Comment

Wow so This G510 issue is happening on different boards and bios? Ugh I hope Asrock is fast about updates.

Comment

I am using a Logitech PS2 wireless keyboard that is about 12 years old, and a Microsoft USB IntelliMouse that is about 4 years old. Both work just with with the ASrock fatal1ty Z68 Professional Gen3 motherboard and in the BIOS. The only thing is if I plug the wireless USB mouse up to the Fatal1ty Mouse port, the F-Stream settings for adjusting the DPI Sensitivity does not work. The user guide said that it only works with wired mouse, not wireless, and it need to be able to support up to 1000 DPI sensitivity.

Comment

I have the Logitech G510 programmable keyboard and the 1.10 BIOS and have the same problem. Any other keyboard I have works, but I am not about to replace this expensive keyboard so quickly. I want a BIOS fix or some other patch to get this taken care of. This is borderline ridiculous that ASRock not test their UEFI BIOS with a variety of keyboards. WTF is going on? I Emailed ASRock support 3 days ago and I am still waiting for a reply.

WHAT IS GOING ON, ASROCK?

[edit] I have the Extreme3 Gen3 board.
          Last edited by rsomazzi; 10-31-2011, 03:49 PM.

Comment

disabling booting from usb will make the problem go away

Comment

Dear irishred,

Z68 Professional Gen3 can compability with most of mouse and keyboard.

About Logitech G510 keybard issue, I also provide BIOS for users to solve this issue.

Please kindly don't worry about this.

If you encounter any issue about keyboard or mouse under BIOS, please kindly let me know.

I will help you.

Thanks!

Have a nice day
              ASRock TSD
              Emily

Comment

Originally posted by ASRock TSD - Emily View Post

About Logitech G510 keybard issue, I also provide BIOS for users to solve this issue.

If you encounter any issue about keyboard or mouse under BIOS, please kindly let me know.

I will help you.

Thanks!

Have a nice day
                ASRock TSD
                Emily
                Dear Emily,

Are there any news about new UEFI for P67 extreme4? 2.0 version was the last good known UEFI which was working OK with G510.

KR

Comment

I wished my keyboard would work on Z68 Extreme4 Gen3

It will not recognise my Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 (UK)

In fact I have 2 old PS2 models that do not work as well

What keyboard do ASRock recomend???

Emily, what do you use yourself on a Asrock Z68 extreme 4 gen 3

Code:
                   ASRock TSD - Emily has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.
                  Last edited by dAve.A; 11-01-2011, 09:03 AM. Reason: update

Comment

My 890FX Deluxe 5 works the other way round: after BIOS update from 1.60-1.80 both PS2 ports disappeared, but USB kept on functioning. I'm using a very old MS "Wheel Mouse optical and USB-compatible", so I changed to USB. The relatively new MS Digital Media Keyboard 3000 (USB too) never gave me problems. Strange, because most BIOS I know are the other way around: PS2 KB always works, USB KB sometimes not....

My spare Logitech mouse MX518 is indeed more tricky... :-D on

Comment

Dear Donthuis,

About MX518 mouse question, please kindly update BIOS P1.80 from below link to try.
                      Link: ASRock > Synchronizing Web Database

If any question, please kindly contact me.
                      Thanks!

Have a nice day
                      ASRock TSD
                      Emily

Comment

Dear dAve.A,

Due to we don't have Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 (UK) on our side, we test below keyboards with BIOS L1.15 and devices works normally.
                        Microsoft Side Winder keyboard
                        Microsoft wireless laser 7000 series keyboard
                        Razer Black Widow keyboard
                        Logitech G15 keyboard

Please kindly update Z68 Extreme4 Gen3 BIOS L1.15 from below link to try.
                        Link: ASRock > Products > Motherboard > Z68 Extreme4 Gen3 > Download

Thanks!

Have a nice day
                        ASRock TSD
                        Emily

Comment

I can add one keyboard that does not work with P67 Extreme 4.
                          The keyboard is a mecanical ( Cherry Red switch ) QPAD-MK85.

The computer hangs at bios when the keyboard is connected and USB Lecacy is enabled.
                          If USB legacy is disabled, its not possible to enter bios.

Is it possible to have a bios fix on that issue ?

T i a.

Gorgeous

Comment

Dear Emily, this 1.80 version is already installed and is the same one that made me lose both my PS2 ports.
                            The Logitech mouse MX518 is NOT used, either on PS2 or USB, so it is not an urgent issue for me. Clear CMOS tried on 7/2 as well: this brings NO improvement, so this 1.80 Version is to my opinion definitely a version to be shunned and forgotten.

Since both PS2 ports worked fine under 1.60, should I downgrade to this or try UEFI 1.70 instead? I found no negative feedback on 1.70 yet, but maybe there were some problems identified by your company leading to 1.80 :-D on

PS ASRock TSD does NOT react on my equivalent post on this issue, while you do... Thx!!! (Two other issues to TSD (e-SATA and AXTU system freezing behaviour) are more clear to me now because of this Forum and of lower priority, despite not being solved. e-SATA is supported by a Marvel-chip, maybe this is a driver issue, only partly to blame ASRock for and the AXTU facility delves deep into the system, which is always a bit tricky as far as system stability is concerned
                            Last edited by Donthuis; 02-07-2012, 04:37 AM. Reason: TSD info given earlier elaborated, ClearCMOS incl

Comment

Originally posted by ASRock TSD - Emily View Post
                              Dear Donthuis,

About MX518 mouse question, please kindly update BIOS P1.80 from below link to try.
                              Link: ASRock > Synchronizing Web Database

Thanks!

Have a nice day
                              ASRock TSD
                              Emily
                              Not only removed Version 1-80 both my PS2 ports, my XP keeps on identifying multiple IDE-interfaces on both primary as secundary ports, with the standard dual channel driver as a natural extra to be installed. So in device mgr I've got 3 primary IDE's, 3 secondary and 3 dual channel PCI-IDE driver instances. But 890FX only supports a single IDE, so this is very strange indeed. Removing them and restart brings them back everytime.

Failing ANY reaction by ASRock TSD or Emily I returned to BIOS 1.60 and back were the two PS2 ports! Also the IDE-interfaces now only appear double in device manager, no longer triple. Acronis True Image 2011 also starts up correctly when I disable IDE/1394 temporarily in UEFI first, while my earlier True Image 2009 even works with IDE enabled. So now only this disappointing e-SATA behaviour on the Marvel port remains (I moved another internal HDD to AMD-SATA port).

I will close my contributions on UEFI/BIOS versions to this forum and only return if I can correct this bad Marvel e-SATA by some other means. UEFI apparently makes no difference... Since there are more references to bad Hotplug e-SATA performance for this MArvell 91xx SATA 6G series, I first found the very latest (WHQL) drivers, newer than ASRock provides: no change! Today I moved the external SATA-disk to an USB 3.0 enclosure. It was a backup disk anyway, so somewhat lower read and write performance is acceptable. Any disk that needs the highest speed should be mounted internally and connected to the AMD SATA 6G ports.

There lost of people wrestling with this Marvell ports and finding NO solutions.... :-[
                              Last edited by Donthuis; 02-14-2012, 10:15 AM. Reason: returned to BIOS 1.60 and stopped e-SATA usage

Comment

Working...
                              X