Asrock Extreme 4 Gen 3 Esata issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asrock Extreme 4 Gen 3 Esata issues

I am trying to use a vantec nst-d100su hdd dock with the above mobo. Initially, it worked but after a minute or so during file transfers, the drive goes offline.

ACHI is already enabled via bios for the SATA3 controller..

Re: Asrock Extreme 4 Gen 3 Esata issues

Originally posted by Bloodlust View Post
    I am trying to use a vantec nst-d100su hdd dock with the above mobo. Initially, it worked but after a minute or so during file transfers, the drive goes offline.

ACHI is already enabled via bios for the SATA3 controller..
    Welcome to the club. I have the same problem. Tried updating BIOS, tried all drivers but no luck. Another thing with my board is USB3.0 slow transfer-speeds are miserable (20 MBps). And this was not all. Onboard sound don't work any more. I have sent mails and messages to the ASRock about this problem but no answer from nobody. I have read numerous threads about same problems with this board. And nobody has come up with no solution. I will try to replace this MBO for the one from some other manufacturer (ASUS, GB) and not ever think again of buying another ASRock.

Comment

Originally posted by krele View Post
      Welcome to the club. I have the same problem. Tried updating BIOS, tried all drivers but no luck. Another thing with my board is USB3.0 slow transfer-speeds are miserable (20 MBps). And this was not all. Onboard sound don't work any more. I have sent mails and messages to the ASRock about this problem but no answer from nobody. I have read numerous threads about same problems with this board. And nobody has come up with no solution. I will try to replace this MBO for the one from some other manufacturer (ASUS, GB) and not ever think again of buying another ASRock.
      Well, besides the esata issues. USB 2.0 transfer speeds with xfast USB enabled is pretty good.. I can hit 35-40Mbps with my external WD 2.5/3.5" & vantec dock.. as for onboard sound you should be checking for a loose connection on your mobo first.. or maybe it's some driver issues. Unless you are certain that there's no sound though there are not conflicts in your device manager...

I'll probably get a hdd dock with USB3 support anyway. Esata is too much of a hassle..

Comment

Well, besides the esata issues. USB 2.0 transfer speeds with xfast USB enabled is pretty good.. I can hit 35-40Mbps with my external WD 2.5/3.5" & vantec dock.. as for onboard sound you should be checking for a loose connection on your mobo first.. or maybe it's some driver issues. Unless you are certain that there's no sound though there are not conflicts in your device manager...

I'll probably get a hdd dock with USB3 support anyway. Esata is too much of a hassle..

Lucky you. My USB2.0 speeds are even more slower (5 MBps). I will try Xfast. I am almost certain that the sound is gone because at first it worked and all of the sudden - not a sound. Well there is a slightly humming-hissing sound coming from it but very quiet. If there wasn't that problem with onboard sound I would let over eSATA and USB3 issues (i can always get good PCI-e card), but since the board is two weeks old I can't get over it. I'm really sorry that this is happening because otherwise this would be a great board. Anyway thanks for the info.

Comment

USB 3.0 on this motherboard is even worse than Esata. You have been warned.

Comment

Working...
          X