A75M-HVS no post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A75M-HVS no post

Okay I have read around a bit before posting here to make sure it was not an issue already covered. It may have been, but I want to make certain.

Built this system up for a friend of mine, and installed A6-3650 along with 8GB 1600 MHZ RAM.

I know faster ram improves GPU performance but this was a workstation and quanity was more important than speed.

Well the intended usage changed so instead of windows 7 with XP and Linux VMs, he just wants XP installed (hes old). So he returned the PC to me, I swap RAM out and plug it up, and start making changes, restart and get no POST or at least no video, no OS is installed now, so cant listen for windows sounds.

Have tried 3 different kits of RAM now, and the only way I can get the PC to boot is with a dedicated gfx card, I have read about BIOS issues with the board and not detecting the IGP so not sure if this was the case, or it was a memory issue. Bought this setup specifically for decent onboard graphics, adding a card makes it a bad purchase.

I updated to the latest BIOS (had to do so in windows as the instaflash freezes via the BIOS option or the F6 trigger to the process. So think this is board issues not CPU (CPU was brand new when I installed it). But not having any other FM1 socket stuff laying around, I can not test and be certain.

Is there a bios setting I am missing or should I just return the board to newegg and get something else?

Re: A75M-HVS no post

So what you are saying is that all worked fine untill you changed the RAM? In that case why don't you try some RAM from the compatibility list for this mobo? Also you said "started making changes" ... are this BIOS changes or hardware changes? Have you tried to reset to default BIOS settings?

Comment

Re: A75M-HVS no post

I gave up and returned it.

Biostart replacmeent exhibits similar behavior (no video at 1866 MHz) however the other memory dividers seem to be working fine and I was able to blend 4 threads while playing GPU accellrated youtbube HD videos and surf the web all very smoothly. Returned the system to my buddy already.

Comment

Working...
      X