Geforce 2 Ti 64MB DDR Fan problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geforce 2 Ti 64MB DDR Fan problems

About a year ago i bought the card, it works great and gives good performance in most games. Recently however its been crashing in Half Life of all games...At first i thought it was an IRQ conflict but then I noticed that the fan on the card is working. I dont know what it is, if i give it a kick start it works for about 30 seconds. The power to the card is connected...if you have any suggestions please send them my way.

Try putting a BLORB on it. Here's a Review http://www.overclockers.com/articles399/ I will try and find a guide to installing it... give me a min.

Comment

Just replace it. You can get a Blue Orb fan for about US$7, maybe less if you want to do some leg work. Crystal Orb fan is supposed to be even better. Darthtanion did a review on it about a year ago here . It was about 3-4 times as expensive as the Blue Orb, but may have come down in that time. If not I have a Blue Orb on my GF2 Pro and I have never had any cooling issues. Assuming that yours has the same plastic retainer clips as mine, it will take about 10 mins to replace, including a fresh layer of Artic Silver.

Good Luck :thumb:
      Have you hugged a Midget today?

Comment

Working...
      X